Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spectator
    Museum Patron
    • Feb 4, 2019

To use psychic influence to cause Mego to release the upcoming figures I want on an accelerated timeline.

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

From a purchasing standpoint, I'd like a Mego Falcon and 12" Superman. And I will continue to buy mostly super-hero ReMegos.

I'd like to find a way to display more of my figures. I have too many boxed up figures; ReMegos, Marvel Legends, DC Multiverse, etc.

What I'd really like to concentrate on in 2020 is customs. Nothing earth shattering, but I have Legion of Super-Heroes suits that need proper heads and insignias. I have a bleit1701 Falcon suit and Doc Mego boots that just needs a clean head. If I can find a clean Iron Man head, or a nice nose-less custom, I'd like to build that figure. I'm still trying to figure out how to make the best Mego style Hawkman. The list goes on...

And finally, I plan to continue to sell off major parts of my collections. I am in a place where I am selling more than I am buying.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

I also have reached a point where I am looking to drastically thin things down. I started selling in October but stopped for the holidays. I plan to start up again next month or March as people start to get tax returns and have disposable income again.

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          .........and more Adventures of GI Joe 69 line for me
          Been working on that, myself and made big strides in 2019. Gonna keep striving to put a cap on it in 2020.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            I also have reached a point where I am looking to drastically thin things down. I started selling in October but stopped for the holidays. I plan to start up again next month or March as people start to get tax returns and have disposable income again.
            It's a real pain, but the holidays are a great time to sell, both for what you get for some items, and for moving items quicker than they might at other times of the year. I wasn't as gung-ho this year as I have been in the past -- it really is a pain and I was tired -- but I did well with what I managed to put up for sale before Christmas.

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

There are a few grails in my collections (MEGO and otherwise) that I would still jump on if provided the opportunity (and if having the finances available), but I am mostly looking to thin out the excess, streamline, and find a nice way to present what I am truly fond of.
              I think the majority of my MEGO collecting has moved to attempts to customize figures that I would like to see done in that format, but will most probably not see commercially made. Customizing with my son, Cip, is also one of my continued MEGO efforts.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

I would finally like to complete a few lines.
                Galahad, Catwoman, Shazam, Aquaman, Conan come to mind.
                Would love to get some more Cipsa apes. Will probably not happen...

I will go on the hunt for these in a couple of months, as I have one particular vintage piece I need to save up for first...
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I need to upgrade a few figures. My Hulk and Thing are pretty rough. I still need a Wayne Foundation and Jokermobile, but both are probably out of my budget.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 8, 2015

for me, MORE Golden Age books!!

More H-B toys from the 60's and 70's!!

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

Big main goal is to finish my WGSH box set - just needing Conan and Green Goblin.

Try to find a silk screen Supergirl.

Other things are replace my loose Megos - Knights, Pirates, American West, Monsters & Robin Hood.

Looking for the CAH Wonder Woman Exploding Tower MIB and the Batcycle in the photo box.

Also looking for some toys from my childhood - Marx Johnny West, SMDM, GI Joe.
                      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Bronxboykev
                        Permanent Member
                        • Mar 7, 2011

Somehow someway I will find me a boxed Popy Ken Owashi!!! A Box For Tex Willer. The Elusive Luc Laventure and as always looking for loose lots of beater Mego to make great again!!!

Comment

• batdan
                          • Feb 12, 2017

Over the past year I have greatly expanded my collection, what with the remergence of Mego itself, adding more FTC wants-especially the TV batman series. I have also knocked off about 15 customs. This year will prove to be mor eof the same as Mego has a bunch of new 8" releases coming up soon and I ordered some FTC stuff over the holidays that is just starting to show up now. I currently have 25+ customs on the go and plans for many more- may have to start putting shelves in the bathrooms!

Comment

• Goblin19
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 2, 2002

No major goals this year. Going to continue with all the new Megos I’m interested in. I’ll probably pick up a few Necas and FTC figures, as well. This year, I did pick up the Wizard of Oz set, which I had always considered, but as far as vintage goes, I pretty much have everything I want.

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

MEGO
                              1. Complete loose CAH set with Wonder Woman and Penguin
                              2. Complete WGSH with Wonder Woman

SUPER7
                              1. Complete Masters of the Universe, Uni Monsters, POTA
                              2. Buy less from them. I have to draw the line with the new prices.

VINTAGE
                              1. Collect more Fisher Price Adventure People.

FAN-MADE
                              1. Pick up some of the terrific Star Wars factory made customs that are out there
                              2. Learn how to mold my own 3 3/4" figures and make customs of my own

Comment

• Confessional
                                Maker & Whatnot
                                • Aug 8, 2012

… the on-going effort to discover and bring glory to the bootlegs, factory oddities, undiscovered curiosities, et alia Apes across the planet continues!

This leads – as studio space demands – to the inevitable release of more simians and other toys from Ape City back into the world.
                                It's still a fun reciprocal subculture despite the madness of humanity around us.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎