Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apenutncc1701
    • Aug 9, 2009

Buck Rodgers articulation

I was looking at the Buck Rodgers 3 3/4 figures in the gallery and noticed how many points of articulation they have. They remind me of the G.I. Joe figures that came out a few years later. Anyone know why the ST:TMP figures weren't made the same way?
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Articulation is just like the original 3.75" GI Joe figues (prior to them adding the swivel arms).

I am not sure why Buck and ST:TMP are different. But if I had to guess, I would say that the Trek figures were probably inspired more from what Kenner was doing with Star Wars and Buck Rogers was inspired by Mego's Micronauts.

Comment

• apenutncc1701
      • Aug 9, 2009

Too bad. Better articulation might have helped the Trek line.

Comment

• powersthatbe
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 27, 2010

there were star trek 3 figures made in the 80s by ERTL that were articulated like buck rogers and I don't think they sold well at the time at all.

Comment

• Ranger 3
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 25, 2007

Take a look at the Dukes of Hazzard Mego line- some figures have the GI-Joe/Buck type articulation and some are like the TMP figures. I don't know of any other line that combines articulation types.

Another note- the Micronauts line (predating Mego's Buck line) uses the rubber band and rivet-type articulation.

M

Comment

• Spyweb007
            Persistent Member
            • Apr 18, 2006

I always liked the Buck Rogers figures articulation better than the Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica & Star Trek Motion Picture figures, just wished they had weapons they could hold.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎