Thread: Buck Rodgers articulation

Buck Rodgers articulation

I was looking at the Buck Rodgers 3 3/4 figures in the gallery and noticed how many points of articulation they have. They remind me of the G.I. Joe figures that came out a few years later. Anyone know why the ST:TMP figures weren't made the same way?

Images
    Articulation is just like the original 3.75" GI Joe figues (prior to them adding the swivel arms).

I am not sure why Buck and ST:TMP are different. But if I had to guess, I would say that the Trek figures were probably inspired more from what Kenner was doing with Star Wars and Buck Rogers was inspired by Mego's Micronauts.

Too bad. Better articulation might have helped the Trek line.

there were star trek 3 figures made in the 80s by ERTL that were articulated like buck rogers and I don't think they sold well at the time at all.

Take a look at the Dukes of Hazzard Mego line- some figures have the GI-Joe/Buck type articulation and some are like the TMP figures. I don't know of any other line that combines articulation types.

Another note- the Micronauts line (predating Mego's Buck line) uses the rubber band and rivet-type articulation.

M

Images
    I always liked the Buck Rogers figures articulation better than the Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica & Star Trek Motion Picture figures, just wished they had weapons they could hold.