Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite Kenner Star Wars figure?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ninersphan1
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by Hedji
    Bespin Luke... I remember being so excited that the lightsaber was proper scale and removable, and that he had both a blaster and a lightsaber. I think it was the first figure to come with two accessories, if I recall it hit shelves prior to Yoda.

It was really such an improvement over Farmboy Luke, which I love because it's iconic, but was always a bit frustrating as a kid.

Yup same here for pretty much the same reasons.

Yoda was a favorite too, he was just to darned cute.

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

Hammerhead was my early favorite. I had a rock band with my SW figures that I modeled after KISS. Chewy played drums, Stormtrooper and Tuskin Raider were on guitars, and Hammerhead was on the bass. The second wave certainly was an awesome time in my youth to play with and collect. They really brought the feeling of a galaxy far, far away.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Hedji
        The Cantina Aliens are so incredibly unique, even for Vintage Kenner.

I mean, they went so far off the rails with the colors and liberties taken with those characters in such a weird, wonderful way. They never returned to that garish color style, and I'm sort of sad for it.

None of the Empire or Jedi aliens were as crazy as Orange and Blue Walrus Man or bright green Greedo. I love fan customs of Cantina Aliens we never got, but all too often, they go for Hasbro color schemes instead of the lurid Kenner colors.
        I vaguely recall reading that Kenner only had a few black and white face shots of the aliens and so had to improvise for the costumes. that is also why the early release blue Snaggletooth, was changed, to the short version. because in the photos they had, they did not have scale for the alien

Comment

• steelcouch
          Career Member
          • Feb 11, 2006

The Jawa figure has always been my favorite.I buy at least one every time I attend a toy show.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Just the regular old Stormtrooper.
            sigpic

Comment

• Wtrailer
              • Feb 11, 2012

Luke Bespin followed closely by Luke original.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎