Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Super7 Reaction MOTU Battlecat and Panthor.

If I'm being perfectly honest with myself, I wasn't crazy about a lot of the sculpts on these...it was the card art that sold them for me.
    If they put the new origins figures on these same cards I'd probably faint, but I'm ecstatic that we're getting new mini-comics, and the artist they found has been able to mimic Alfredo Alcala's style perfectly.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by enyawd72 View Post
    If I'm being perfectly honest with myself, I wasn't crazy about a lot of the sculpts on these...it was the card art that sold them for me.
    I understand, I feel that way about some of their Universal Monsters.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I understand, I feel that way about some of their Universal Monsters.
    Me too.

Me three. It really is 50/50 with sculpt and packaging. I still need to pick up wave 2 of Monsters.

I always liked the MOTU characters but not their vintage muscle bodies.

Images
    Blog Entries
    I received my sets today, S7 did a great job with the felines and the packaging is slick. On a bittersweet note, the backs of each box feature Reaction MOTU checklists and the large anount of variants is depressing.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Depressing because you want to collect them, or depressing because they made so many variants to buoy the line?

Images
    Blog Entries
    The latter. I collected several variants in the line, either because I liked their aesthetic or because they seemed pertinent to play. But I'd have much rather had 10-12 more classic characters.

Images
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm. All the MOTU figures, Reaction included, have disappeared from the Super 7 site. Licensing restriction pending the release of Origins?

A bit discouraging, since I wanted some dupicates including the felines.

Ugh. I hope my BBTS preorder gets fulfilled!

Images
    Blog Entries
    I do, too! I couldn't afford to order two feline sets at once last month...

Could a third-party vendor like BBTS have snapped up all the stock if the S7 license expired?