Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super7 Reaction MOTU Battlecat and Panthor.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

Depressing because you want to collect them, or depressing because they made so many variants to buoy the line?

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

The latter. I collected several variants in the line, either because I liked their aesthetic or because they seemed pertinent to play. But I'd have much rather had 10-12 more classic characters.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Hmmm. All the MOTU figures, Reaction included, have disappeared from the Super 7 site. Licensing restriction pending the release of Origins?

A bit discouraging, since I wanted some dupicates including the felines.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

Ugh. I hope my BBTS preorder gets fulfilled!

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

I do, too! I couldn't afford to order two feline sets at once last month...

Could a third-party vendor like BBTS have snapped up all the stock if the S7 license expired?

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

I sure hope so. Like you, I wanted to pick up another Panthor to have a loose one, but this is a bit freaky. I put in a big order at BBTS to take advantage of the pile of loot policy to get them in affordable chunks, but yikes!

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                Could a third-party vendor like BBTS have snapped up all the stock if the S7 license expired?
                That would be my guess since they still have their MOTU vinyl figures, T-shirts and paper decorations for sale.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Good point. It all seems very abrupt, considering that Super7 told me mid-August that they would continue with MOTU Reaction despite Origins.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

I guess you don't mess with Mattel's lawyers? I will feel very lucky if I end up getting Battle Cat and Panthor.

How deep did you all end up going with variants?

I started to, but sold off my variants when they got a little out of control. For me, it was a matter of picking the color scheme I liked best for many characters.

Still need, but preordered:

She-Ra
                    Hordak
                    Modulok A, Modulok B
                    Shadow Weaver

I have to hand it to them... aside from the Filmation cartoon, I was NOT a fan of the toy line growing up. These guys made me really fall in love with the weird wild character designs.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I'm just the opposite, I collected the vintage line assiduosly, but I was already in jr. high/high school, so--although I love Alan Oppenheimer's Skeletor--I largely passed on the cartoon. I was much more influenced by the mini-comics.

As for variants, I cherry-picked ones that pleased me color-wise or seemed logical: I liked mustached Man-at-Arms, orange/brown Ram-Man. Sparkle Orko was genius, and I nabbed South Amercan Skeletor, Goddess Teela, Anti-Matter & Slime He-Men, comic Trap-Jaw, and white Sorceress.

S7 threw me a curve with the Evil Horde and released Filmation verisons first--I'd have passed on those had I known that toy versions would follow.

I'm looking for : Tan Stratos, orange/brown Ram-Man, mustached Man-at-Arms, toy version Mantenna, and a second feline pair.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

I regret not picking up White Sorceress and Slime He-Man. They are pretty striking.

A few of these characters, I was (I'm a bit ashamed to admit) completely unfamiliar with. So when Mantenna hit, he just cracked me up and I had to have him. I went for the variant with the dark blue legs on him.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

That's toy Mantenna, he looks a bit more menacing than the Filmation version.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎