Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super7 Reaction MOTU Battlecat and Panthor.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Super7 Reaction MOTU Battlecat and Panthor.

Their last MOTU products. Look nice. I dig the Kenner style saddles. Hopefully they wont be too limited.

Super7 has sent out an email to customers who have previously purchased Masters of the Universe items from them. The email gives fans the first shot at their MOTU He-Man with Battle Cat and Skeletor with Panthor ReAction Figures. The email also includes a huge bit of news. apparently, these are the final two Masters...
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I think I might just swallow my pride and buy these.

Still need a few more to complete my set. I'm sort of sad that there are some classic characters that never got translated, but my wallet is relieved that the series is ending.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I think they look terrific but I'm probably going to pass on them. I stopped collecting the MOTU Reaction figures so I could concentrate on the 5 1/2 retro, which I still haven't finished.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

I'm glad I sold mine. No Man-E-Faces, Moss Man, Buzz-Off, Whiplash Clawful, Webstor, and Fisto is a deal breaker.

I'm all in on next years MOTU Origins!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

OMG OMG OMG! Werewolf knows I lobbied for this. Yippeeee!

S7 told they they planned to continue despite Origins, go figure. But I'm glad I collected them, I liked them and I can embark on Origins more comfortably.
          Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 24, '19, 4:22 PM.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            OMG OMG OMG! Werewolf knows I lobbied for this. Yippeeee!
            I thought you might like them.

I'm also super looking forward to Origins but I don't regret any of the other MOTU stuff I collected in the meantime.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I really liked the Reaction series, I wanted more like Dwayne noted, and playsets/dioramas for heroes and foes.

I saw the S7 classic figs at my comics shop last Saturday--they looked good. But Origins looks phenomenal.
              Last edited by PNGwynne; Dec 24, '19, 6:12 PM. Reason: ach, vowels
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

I saw the S7 classic figs at my comics shop last Saturday--they looked good. But Origins looks phenominal.
                I dig the S7 retros because I loves me some Filmation.

Quality wise it's night and day between Mattel and S7. The S7 figures look nice but are kinda fragile and are really more for display than play or putting them into vehicles. The later waves got a lot better but I still wouldn't trust them with kids or anything. In S7's favor, I don't think Mattel will do figures of He-Ro, Eldor and Evil Seed and It probably be quite a while before they get to Shadow Weaver.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Thinking about this today, a bit sad to see it end. I was hoping for more and the Evil Horde detour surprised me. S7 passed on some obvious figures, I wanted 2 more waves:

Prince Adam, Man-E-Faces, Buzz-Off, Moss-Man, Fisto, Clamp Champ (or Roboto)

Keldor, Clawful, Whiplash, Webstor, Two-Bad, King Hisss

And a Battle Bones for this line!

Comment

• Spyweb007
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 18, 2006

Those look great! The only thing they missed is the saddle on the old Kenner creatures had the riders legs sculpted into the saddle so it didn't look like the legs went into the creature.

Comment

• enyawd72
                      Maker of Monsters!
                      • Oct 1, 2009

If I'm being perfectly honest with myself, I wasn't crazy about a lot of the sculpts on these...it was the card art that sold them for me.
                      If they put the new origins figures on these same cards I'd probably faint, but I'm ecstatic that we're getting new mini-comics, and the artist they found has been able to mimic Alfredo Alcala's style perfectly.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                        If I'm being perfectly honest with myself, I wasn't crazy about a lot of the sculpts on these...it was the card art that sold them for me.
                        I understand, I feel that way about some of their Universal Monsters.

Comment

• enyawd72
                          Maker of Monsters!
                          • Oct 1, 2009

I understand, I feel that way about some of their Universal Monsters.
                          Me too.

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

Me three. It really is 50/50 with sculpt and packaging. I still need to pick up wave 2 of Monsters.

I always liked the MOTU characters but not their vintage muscle bodies.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I received my sets today, S7 did a great job with the felines and the packaging is slick. On a bittersweet note, the backs of each box feature Reaction MOTU checklists and the large anount of variants is depressing.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎