Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some of your Christmas traditions?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

What are some of your Christmas traditions?

Its that time where people start up there Christmas traditions. Now that I have my own house it got me thinking what Christmas traditions from my past that I want to carry over and what new ones I want to start. One tradition I will not stop is watching older tv specials. My boyfriend keeps reminding me he wasn't born when most of the shows I watch were made. Case in point:

Star Wars Holiday Special.jpgEwoks live action dvd set.jpgLobo Paramilitary Christmas.jpgA Christmas Horror Story.jpgRise of the Guardians.jpg

Star Wars Holiday Special
    In the storyline that ties the special together, following the events of the original film, Chewbacca and Han Solo attempt to visit the Wookiee home world to celebrate "Life Day". They are pursued by agents of the Galactic Empire, who are searching for members of the Rebel Alliance on the planet. The special introduces three members of Chewbacca's family: his father Itchy, his wife Malla, and his son Lumpy. The program also features the rest of the main Star Wars characters, including Luke Skywalker, C-3PO, R2-D2, Darth Vader and Princess Leia, all portrayed by the original cast (except R2-D2, who is simply billed as "himself"). The program includes footage from the 1977 film and a cartoon produced by Toronto-based Nelvana featuring the bounty hunter Boba Fett. Scenes take place in space and in spacecraft including the Millennium Falcon and a Star Destroyer; segments also take place in a few other locales, such as the Mos Eisley cantina from the original film.

Ewok Live Action tv series:
    The Ewok Adventure is a 1984 American television film based in the Star Wars universe, which takes place on the moon of Endor between the events of Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back and Episode VI – Return of the Jedi. It features the Ewoks, who help two young human siblings as they try to locate their parents.

Ewoks: The Battle for Endor is a 1985 television film set in the Star Wars universe co-written and directed by Jim and Ken Wheat from a story by George Lucas. A sequel to Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure, it focuses on Cindel Towani, the human girl from the first film, who, after being orphaned, joins the Ewoks in protecting their village and defeating the marauders who have taken control of the Endor moon.

Then if that wasn't enough I would watch the dvd releases of the animated Ewoks and Droids series. I have them all saved but that is just torture to my BF.

Christmas Day usually includes musicals

White Christmas
    Bing Crosby Christmas specials

Christmas Night:
    Lobo Paramilitary Christmas Special
    The Easter Bunny is tired of being second-best to Christmas, so he hires Lobo aka The Main Man to take out Santa Claus in order for him to rule over the Holidays. But nothing goes as planned when The Main Man is involved.

Rise of the Guardians:
    Set about 300 years after the book series, the film tells a story about Guardians Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, and the Sandman, who enlist Jack Frost to stop the evil Pitch Black from engulfing the world in darkness in a fight of dreams.

Saint:
    Sint (released on DVD as Saint in Europe and Saint Nick in the United States) is a 2010 Dutch dark comedy horror film about Sinterklaas, the character on which the Anglo-Saxon Santa Claus is based. The film was directed by Dick Maas and marked his return to the horror genre, in which he gained acclaim with his debut De Lift (1983) and Amsterdamned (1988). The story distorts the popular traditions of Sinterklaas and portrays him as a ghost who murders
    large numbers of people when his annual celebration night coincides with a full moon.

A Christmas Horror Story
    A Christmas Horror Story is a 2015 anthology horror film directed by Grant Harvey, Steven Hoban, and Brett Sullivan. It premiered on July 20, 2015 at the Fantasia International Film Festival and had a limited theatrical release on October 2, 2015, along with a VOD release. The film is a series of interwoven stories tied together by a framework story featuring William Shatner as a radio DJ.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Chipmunks Christmas Album. I listen to it every year since I was little. I un-ironically honestly love it.
    He-Man and She-Ra Christmas special. "I am not nice. I am not kind and I am not wonderful."
    Prep and Landing specials. They are so cute. I'm surprised Disney didn't make more or merchandise them.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

They were included into Marvel Comics in 2011:
      PrepAndLanding_Cover.jpg

Avengers #19
      Super-Heroes #20
      Spider-Man #20
      Last edited by monitor_ep; Dec 22, '19, 7:32 PM.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

There's also some really limited ornaments and plushes from 2011 and 2012. But they haven't really done anything since or really merchandise it by Disney standards. You'd think they'd have at least few things every Christmas.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

there was a live action version of Lobo Paramilitary special made? when was that? or is it a fan made thing?

I am of German decent so growing up we always opened our presents on Christmas Eve and then either had the relatives over, or went to their houses, on Christmas Day. as an adult we always just went to my folks house on Christmas Eve but since they have passed, we usually just have some family and/or friends over on Eve and on Day. we don't really watch any TV/movies on either day as a result but we do watch the movies every weekend leading up to Christmas. every year includes Elf, Christmas Vacation, Mirable on 34th, Krampus, Die Hard(lol), and Bad Santa among others

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

Lobo is a fan movie but a great fan movie, I was sent a DVD to review way back when and it follows the comic book...
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by Werewolf
              Chipmunks Christmas Album. I listen to it every year since I was little. I un-ironically honestly love it.
              Meeee too. It is so wonderful in its earnest recording and orchestral accompaniment. Underrated perhaps in its ability to capture the childlike wonder and adult reflection of the Holidays.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Tamales and champurrado...an ongoing tradition ever since I remember.
                sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                  Permanent Member
                  • Sep 15, 2014

I listen to these power records

Last edited by Mr.Marion; Dec 22, '19, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎