• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

2nd He-Man cartoon series announced for Netflix

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

Sound like this one will be more of a kid friendly reboot than the Kevin Smith mini series.

Shadowy Skeletor teaser pic.

Last edited by Werewolf; Dec 18, '19, 3:05 PM.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Yeah I am going to wait to see how this fully looks. Hope this turns out good....
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I think what they are doing is smart. Targeting both kids and original fans is a good idea. It gets everybody on board and even if the new kid's cartoon doesn't turn out the greatest we are still getting those amazing MOTU Origins figure. So, it's all good.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

I like that art style for a lot of things... but it would not be my preference for He-Man.

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

I don't get it, certainly seems to be brand confusion, but at the same time, it's a good way to hedge your bets. A bunch of different He-man cartoons. Maybe one of them will catch on.

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

I just hope the Prince Adam doesn't look like He-Man. During the original series it just blew my mind that nobody noticed they were the same person and both had a green tiger??

The teenage Prince Adam was a smart move and I hope they go with that again.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by monitor_ep
              I just hope the Prince Adam doesn't look like He-Man. During the original series it just blew my mind that nobody noticed they were the same person and both had a green tiger??
              Honestly, it never bothered me. It was Clark Kent/Superman thing and to be totally fair Battlecat was massive in comparison to Cringer. Plus it was an alien world and Cringer couldn't have been the only green tiger on the planet.
              Last edited by Werewolf; Dec 18, '19, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• B-Lister
                Eccentric Weirdo
                • Mar 19, 2010

Nothing willbeat the 2002 MYP series for me. It was outstanding and added so much backstory to the lore.
                Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

I have a feeling I will like the character designs of the Kevin Smith series better but enjoy the CGI cartoon more. I worry the Kevin Smith series will go to dark and violent.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

I think a certain amount of dark and violence is good, but it could go too far. Truthfully I expect neither will go anywhere near far enough.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 23, 2013

I am glad they will be on Netflix!

I am really interested now.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎