X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Remco Energized Super Heroes

On the latest episode of my Those Wonderful Toys podcast, I go back to Christmas of 1979 to talk about Remco's Energized Super Heroes line. Big shout out to Brian and Plaid Stallions for the info and photos. As usual, it's an invaluable resource!

The Fire and Water Podcast Network Presents a variety of geeky topics! We celebrate an assortment of favorites through standalone episodes and mini-series!

Also, I think I bought most of my current Energized collection from a certain EMCE Hammer here, if memory serves...

Chris
    sigpic
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

I remember when these guys were released. We were excited to see and obtained them. I enjoyed them. I had the Powerized Captain America. I loved him and recall carry him places. I guess he was a favorite for a period of time.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

I'm slowly restoring a Spidey. But the years have left him quite brittle.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Aw you know how to hit a guy where it hurts!

I am still in therapy over my big sister yanking the brand new string out of Energized my Spider-Man on Christmas Morning, and breaking him before I ever got to see him in action. Somehow, I never replaced him.

Thanks for this update, because I didn't know this show existed.

I have to get on board with more of your podcasts at Fire and Water. Not everything fits my wheelhouse (my DC comics knowledge is pathetic). But I ADORE your Superman Movie minute show. Can we still leave listener feedback for your final Superman II recording?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Thanks Hedji! I'm sorry to hear about your Spidey. That's awful. That's ground for disowning.

And yes, there's still time to leave feedback for Superman II! We're recording the feedback episode after Christmas.

Oh, and thanks to fellow podcaster/listener Kyle Benning, who gave me a heads up on an ebay auction, Powerized Captain America is headed my way, for a very fair price!

Chris
          Last edited by Earth 2 Chris; Dec 19, '19, 12:03 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Myoldtoys
            Veteran Member
            • May 15, 2012

I remember wanting these very badly as a child. I think my Mom nixed that because she didn't want me tying them to everything in the house.

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

I was not familiar with the toy, so I could be wrong... but I’m pretty sure 5 Below has a t-shirt with this Captain America figure on it (of all things). Saw it just the other day.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 29, 2007

Question for the Mego brothas or sistas that own these... Are their heads made of vinyl/soft rubber? At least Spidey's does... PLMK.
                Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

^I can't reach Spidey and the Goblin now, but Spidey definitely has the soft head. Batman does as well, but Superman and Hulk are harder plastic.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Boywonder0
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    ^I can't reach Spidey and the Goblin now, but Spidey definitely has the soft head. Batman does as well, but Superman and Hulk are harder plastic.

Chris
                    Thank you Chris!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I was rearranging my shelves today, and I checked the Green Goblin's head. It's semi-squishy, like Spidey. None of the semi-squishy heads are as soft as Megos, but they aren't rigid plastic like Superman and Hulk, either.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Oh, and Powerized Captain America arrived on Christmas Eve, so it was a nice added present, from me to me. Nice to see him after 30 some years.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• J.B.
                          Guild Navigator
                          • Jun 23, 2010

Oh, and Powerized Captain America arrived on Christmas Eve, so it was a nice added present, from me to me. Nice to see him after 30 some years.
                          Nice grab Chris. Cap is my favorite from the Energized Remco line.

"A satchel by any other name is still a ..."

Last edited by J.B.; Dec 27, '19, 12:20 AM.
                          You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 23, 2019

I can vaguely remember being very young (late 1970s) and my older brother owning the Energized Spider-Man and his helicopter. I only remember sitting on the living room floor as my mom tried to help him figure out how it worked. This is honestly the only time I can recall that toy being in our house and, by the time I was a little older and into collecting, it was nowhere to be found. He wasn't much into toys and collecting, so I imagine he must have sold it to a friend or traded it for something at some point. It's too bad because I'm sure it would have been in great shape seeing as he never played with it much if at all.
                            "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                              Museum Paramedic
                              • Aug 31, 2005

Chris
                              Love that, Chris!!

I think he was my favorite with the runners-up being energized Spidey and Batman.

- Ian
                              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎