X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VintageMike
    Permanent Member
    • Dec 16, 2004

(The) Heros World returns-soft launch

So with a lot of time on my hands right now, and not much work left to be done on my wrestling museum site, I needed another project to work on. So I decided to try something I thought might be a fun idea. Bring Heros World back as an online entity. First thing was it had to be THE Heroes World which was fine because that's what the catalogs had it as. Just "Heroes World" as a domain is being held for new car money ransom. Good luck unloading it to whomever owns it. This is very, very early on and limited with what I can do since I'm on disability to January. So right now it's just a domain www.theheroesworld.com which in turn goes a wordpress site with a logo I cropped from one of the catalogs and an RSS feed on my Ebay items for sale. No megos as of yet, but there will be as another one of projects will be household cleanup and I have some newer stuff I won't be holding onto. Not even 100% sure what the future palns are but I figured if I wante to do this, now was the time. No social media as of yet, because it's pointless without real content for people to sample.
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

Sounds like fun!

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Blue Meanie
      Banned
      • Jun 23, 2001

I wish you luck Mike. Let me know if you need anything as far as stock/toys/comics or anything related to the superhero/comics stuff you might be putting on there.

Comment

• The Nawd
        Nawd your head for yes.
        • Feb 15, 2011

Good luck Mike!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Sounds interesting, I drooled over those old HW ads in comics.

My childhood Falcon was from Hero's World. I looking forward to your site as you create content.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Type3Toys
            Home Of The Type3 Body
            • Jan 18, 2005

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
            I wish you luck Mike. Let me know if you need anything as far as stock/toys/comics or anything related to the superhero/comics stuff you might be putting on there.
            You have toys?
            LOOK
            Action Figure Design & Prototypes
            For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
            To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
              To Fear is Not Logical...
              • Feb 17, 2008

Have fun with the site. Those ads bring back such fond memories
              It's all good!

Comment

• VintageMike
                Permanent Member
                • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by Type3Toys
                You have toys?
                Nothing terribly exciting, but yes. Just added some various re-mego stuff FTC Munsters, Retro Action, etc. I updated the look so there are pictures on the site now, but it's still just a portal for my eBay stuff. New Mego I don't need/want will probably be next. Still a work in progress and probably will be for a while.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎