Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Great article on one of the my favourite movies.

Yeah, the ending has always been a fascinating conundrum. I was always intrigued by the fact that the movie, the novelization, the storybook, the comic adaptation and the book/record all essentially had different endings.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
      Great article on one of the my favourite movies.

Yeah, the ending has always been a fascinating conundrum. I was always intrigued by the fact that the movie, the novelization, the storybook, the comic adaptation and the book/record all essentially had different endings.
      I had forgotten about that, I read the novelization immediately when released but didn't see the film until later on cable TV.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• drquest
        ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
        • Apr 17, 2012

I've never read the novelization, is it worth a read? Does it break any new ground?
        Danny(Drquest)
        Captain Action HQ
        Retro shirts and stuff
        More retro shirts
        Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by drquest
          I've never read the novelization, is it worth a read? Does it break any new ground?
          From what I recall it was very close to the movie except the ending. The book's ending is just as weird but not as good. Instead of traveling through a version of their own heaven and hell their consciousness just kind of merge with the universe.

This link explains it better.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

I remember the Novellization places it at Christmas time, and has the crew online shopping for their families on Earth! Prescient!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎