Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have You Ever Seen NECA Figures Discounted at Retail?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

Have You Ever Seen NECA Figures Discounted at Retail?

just wondering if anybody has ever found NECA figures any cheaper than $30 each?
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Sometimes you can find the a little cheaper on Ebay but then there is that s/h. Right now on Target they are offering there discount on toys:
    Spend $50 save $10, spend $100 save $25
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• hedrap
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 10, 2009

Which kind? I used to see it at Spencer's but that was years ago

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

NECA is known for not discounting their stuff, I remember someone visiting their offices and telling me they were destroying old stock.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

When we still had TRU here, they had Snake Plisskin for seemed like years without a closeout price on it.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Confessional
            Maker & Whatnot
            • Aug 8, 2012

^^ Yeah, TRU routinely discounted them, including 70% off POTA at the end of the run. Silly me, i should have bought a Snake too.

Comment

• Goblin19
              Talkative Member
              • May 2, 2002

I recently saw some of the Freddy variants at FYE for $16.99. Don’t remember which since they didn’t interest me.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Confessional
                ^^ Yeah, TRU routinely discounted them, including 70% off POTA at the end of the run. Silly me, i should have bought a Snake too.
                not the one here it was there at least two years without a markdown, they never got Apes at all. Then it closed so I missed the blowout. The one closer to me closed years ago, and it was only 5 miles from a toy based theme park LEGOLAND too. Those TRU geniuses.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• melstapler
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Aug 2, 2014

The now defunct Hastings chain used to discount their NECA figures after a certain period of time. For example, I purchased quantities of the first couple NECA Predator and Kickass waves, in addition to the first wave of Aliens. Before they closed, Hastings was my main spot for 7-inch and 8-inch NECA figures and classic jazz CDs/LPs.

Back in the days before TRU closed, I remember buying numerous copies of the Rambo First Blood and Survival Rambo figures at 1/2 price in 2014. I never saw TRU discount any Predator, Aliens or other film/game related figures and there were some NECA figures which stayed on the shelves for over a couple years, such as the original Rocky and Prometheus lines.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎