X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

ReAction Archie Comics Action Figures

ReAction Archies Archie Andrews.jpgReAction Archies Jughead.jpgReAction Archies Betty Cooper.jpgReAction Archies Veronica Lodge.jpgReAction Archies Reggie Mantle.jpg

Finally somebody is releasing Archie Comics action figures, the bad thing is there $18 each

Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I think these are terrific. But the prices are just... just...

I know Super7 does what they do with a lot of love, but their prices are starting to approach what you'd pay for a handmade commissioned custom piece. I do think they will find that $18 for this type of figure is past the threshold for a lot of collectors. I love their stuff, and just put in an order for They Live and the Blue Carded Ripley, and I have to say, I didn't feel very proud of myself after I saw the total with shipping.

I still haven't picked up Apes 2 or Monsters wave 2, and I'm beginning to question whether I can live with the price point.

Sorry to be negative... I LOVE their product, but it's getting to a point where I feel like selling it all off if I can't feel good about staying current. It's a REAL turn-off.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

I love these little figures but comic stores here sell em for $25 a piece and they just ain’t worth that much. Ten bucks a piece max for me. Fun to look at tho
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji
        I think these are terrific. But the prices are just... just...
        I agree. No one does the retro Kenner style better. They always look fantastic and I really do like their stuff. But their recent price hikes mixed with their ridiculously long pre-order times and their spotty customer service is a real turn off. Once I finish the retro 5 1/2 inch Filmation MOTU figures, I can't see myself collecting any of their other lines. Just not worth the hassle.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

^ I keep saying the same thing, but they keep drawing me back in with something I "need". It's just not as much fun to collect when you don't feel good about what you spent on them.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

^This is pretty much me, and I'll admit I love their MOTU and The Worst lines. These Archie figures are great IMO. I've wasted $18 on much worse and much less.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• RonnyG
              Career Member
              • Apr 23, 2014

I agree they cost too much because if you buy the set of 5, it would cost $90 bucks! These aren't vintage toys. I might as well buy the old 1970s Marx Archie action figures for that price.
              I would be more likely to buy these new figures if they sold all five together in a boxed set for $50 (and even that seems high). Perhaps a display box that you could open and take them out and display (or play), and put them back.
              I guess from a collector's standpoint, most would like to collect them on individual cards, but I'd rather take them out and hold them.
              Last edited by RonnyG; Dec 14, '19, 3:46 PM.

Comment

• enyawd72
                Maker of Monsters!
                • Oct 1, 2009

I think the price of these is justified. They're no more than Hasbro's 3.75 inch Black Series, and these are made in far smaller quantities. Most of The Worst figures are really hard to find on the secondary market. I'd rather pay $18 now than $$$$ later.

So far I've kept up with the Universal Monsters, The Worst, Toxic Avenger, and Robocop. Still need to get the Apes and They Live.

Comment

• Hedji
                  Citizen of Gotham
                  • Nov 17, 2012

Is that what Hasbro is charging for 3.75 inch figures too? That's almost obscene.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm already thinking about wave 2: Moose, Kevin, Midge, Mr. Weatherbee...
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

The SW vintage collection retails for $12.99. It replaced the Black Series as the articulated 3 3/4 inch line.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• msenger76
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 3, 2009

love those archie figures, but i'll wait a year and they'll end up in a $5 box a comic show. then i'd buy them

Comment

• danadoll
                          Micronaut Nut!
                          • Apr 11, 2005

I don't get it...very little articulation on a figure with very little detail and sometimes a sloppy paint job for $19 - 25 bucks (like their Universal monster figures)?

Yuck! No thanks.

Dana
                          "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• ODBJBG
                            Permanent Member
                            • May 15, 2009

The Super7 Reaction figures do not have a sloppy paint job Those figures have INCREDIBLE paint apps.

You're probably thinking of Funkos ReAction line, which had awful paint at times.

Super7's figures cost too much, but they are high quality.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

These are really nice, but I agree, the price is a bit hard to swallow. I know Super 7 isn't Hasbro, but when you can get a wonderfully sculpted and often well-painted and articulated Marvel Legend or a 6" Black Series figure for around the same price...it makes it harder to swallow.

I got three of the Universal Monsters for Christmas (Drac, Frankie and the Bride), but for me that wonderful card art helps justify the price just a bit. The packaging is better than the figures!

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎