X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Five Awesome Things on eBay this week

Batman Crazy Foam- There is just something so fascinating about Crazy Foam, it came out during that wonderful Superhero resurgence of the mid-1970s, I vividly remember an end cap of these and Mego Superheroes at my local Eaton's toy department and I'm magically whisked back to the time that I wanted Spider-Man to barf on me.

Dr. Zaius Bank Mold- Oh wow, this thing is so freaking cool, the original mold for the 70s plastic banks. I want this, badly but it's Christmas and I simply can't swing it. My loss is your gain.

Italian Stretch Armstrong- In Italy, he's "Mister Muscolo" who was also my tenth-grade gym teacher, he was kind of a dick. Anyway, Stretch appeards to have red trunks in Italy, talk about variations.

Tales of the Gold Monkey Story Book- I loved this series as a kid, mainly because of my mad crush on Caitlin O'Heaney and of course, Roddy McDowell. This series doesn't get mentioned a lot because of you-know-who but we need more shows like this.

Italian Mego Fonzie- Fonzie was popular around the globe it seems and it makes sense that the most popular character was supposed to be Italian, he might be popular in Italy. Sadly, Richie, Potsy and Ralph Malph were not required.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

I had not thought about that Crazy Foam can in years. What a blast from the past!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Geez, I had forgotten Collins had retroactively made Tales of the Gold Monkey skeevy. I enjoyed that show too. Although that book cover is DULL as dishwater!

I LOVED Crazy Foam. I remember having cans and cans of that stuff around the edge of our bath tub.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

It's incredible just how many of those Play Pal POTA molds are out there… some pristine and unused in production.

The original plaster casts have emerged and we know that at least two distinct runs of Galen and Zaius were done in different plastic base colors. Paint masks also add more variation to these awesome little banks. In addition there are contemporary ceramic versions including some converted into table lamps. Ape crazy lives!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎