Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repair Advice Needed Re: Neck Stems on Original 8" Female Mego Bodies!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego-a-go-go
    • Nov 22, 2019

Repair Advice Needed Re: Neck Stems on Original 8" Female Mego Bodies!

The neck stem on several of my female Mego figures dropped down through the neck hole into the torso. Are there any recommended ways to: 1. fix this problem; and 2. prevent it from happening? I have tried searching for answers here on the forum as well as on google, but found none. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Michael
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Did the torso split? If so the first order is to reglue that. If that's not the issue, I've used a tiny washer between the neck piece and torso. I have also fattened up the neck piece with air dry clay. There's probably ten different ways to address it.

Comment

• Mego-a-go-go
      • Nov 22, 2019

None of the torsos have split. The odd thing is that it is almost like the bottom of the neck plug shrunk just a hair or the neck hole grew just a hair.

Comment

• MegoMam
        • Dec 21, 2015

Its called mego melt and it fairly common with the female figures

Comment

• ddgaff1132
          Persistent Member
          • Oct 3, 2007

I have used a sect of drinking straw to keep the neck in place. I would remove the head and neck and then feed string through the loop at the top of the rubber band that held the head/neck to the body. I would then feed a straw down the string and rubber band till it fit inside the chest. There I would mark off were the straw was just below the opening so I knew where to cut the straw. After I cut the straw I would re-thread the straw onto the thread and neck rubber band inserting it into the body. Then I would use the thread to neck piece and lock it back in place with the cross piece and then pop the head back in place. Its a simple fix.
          Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
          MEGO MOTORS

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎