Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MEGO Kid
    Museum Super Collector
    • Nov 5, 2018

Sorry man. I lost my wife a few years back to lymphoma. She was 44 and the light of a lot of people's worlds, including our kids. The next few months are going to be a blur, but believe it or not, things sort of shake out. I hate using the term "gets better", because it will never be "better" with her gone, but you and the kids will adjust and get used to a new reality. I know you think that's impossible now, but it does happen, it just takes time. One day in the not too distant future, you'll go to sleep without crying. One day you'll go an hour without thinking about her. And then a few hours. One day you won't be in constant pain. It will come, even though it's hard to see now. Right now though, you just need to let the wave wash over you and take care of your kids. My kids were what saved me. One of my last promises to my wife was that I would get them out into the world set up as best I could. Our youngest was 10 when her Mom died, this year she is graduating High School. Life does go on. It will never be the same, but it does go on. There's a great facebook page called "Young widows and widower" that helped my a lot. Lots of people in the same crappy club. Hang tough. You can do this. And remember, she's still with you all. She's still watching

Comment

• Spectator
      Museum Patron
      • Feb 4, 2019

I am so sorry, Federico. Thank you for sharing your bravery with us.

Comment

• Brue
        User without title
        • Sep 29, 2005

Very sorry to hear.

Originally posted by XXXPHOENIX

Comment

• supes
          For the love of Mego's!
          • Jan 19, 2004

So sorry fo your loss. Prayers for you and your family

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• The Nawd
            Nawd your head for yes.
            • Feb 15, 2011

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Comment

• MEMEGO
              Career Member
              • Sep 6, 2007

Condolences to you and your family. She was a beautiful lady and you both looked like such a happy couple.
              May she rest in peace.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎