• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XXXPHOENIX
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 26, 2008

My beloved wife Alice passed away...

Dear Mego Friends...
    I have been in this forum for ages and thanks to our common passion I came to know several good friends even if physical distance (I live in Italy) did not allow us to meet in person.

Please allow me to share the dramatic event that hit my family.... On 11/19/2019 my beloved Alice (45) flew away ...

We met in 2000 and we were married in 2003. Two magnificent children were born from our union: Lorenzo (14) and Michele (10).
    We were very happy, until in 2012 Alice fell ill with breast cancer then degenerated in 2015 in metastatic cancer.
    In 2018 the disease progressively worsened until the tragic epilogue.
    We have experienced almost 8 years of ordeal (more than 100 infusions of chemotherapy, immunotherapy, hormone therapy, radiotherapy, surgical operations in Milan ... in total more than 250 hospital days), always together and fighting for us and our children.
    The disease has not divided us or been able to destroy our family.
    We have always tried to live normally and be happy: work, holidays, children, trying to ignore the Evil that had crept into her.

The immense wave of affection and emotion that embraced us (way more than 2000 people attended her Funeral) testifies how Alice was a special person able to be loved by all those who met her and to touch the consciences with the courage and the positivity shown throughout this dramatic journey.

Her smile will remain forever in the hearts of those who knew her.

Evil has won only his body but I am sure she is Light now, watching over us all.

Our pain is immeasurable.

Federico, Lorenzo & Michele

A couple of pics to help you visualize me and Alice:

• B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Terribly sorry for your loss. This scourge has affected every family I know at one time or another, and it saddens me when our community feels its sting.

Deepest condolences to you, your children, and everybody who knew and loved her. I'm sure she'd be honored to know of the great outpouring of love and affection that was given in honor of her memory.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

i am so sorry for your loss. I cannot even begin to imagine your pain. May your love and memories of the good times bring you peace.

Comment

• rykerw1701
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 27, 2007

That's just so sad, and I'm sorry for your loss and pain. I hope sooner than later you're able to enjoy simple pleasures like moldy old toys when the grief becomes more manageable.

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

Thank you for sharing these pictures of your beautiful, beautiful wife. Thank you for letting us know her, however briefly, and share the gift of her. Hopefully the gift of her in your life will help you through this unimaginably difficult time. The gift of that love will always be with you.
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• VulcanFanatic
            Banned
            • Jan 24, 2009

I can't even imagine what you have been through, I am so sorry that you have been through all of this. I have often thought that no matter what I am going through, there is always someone going through something much worse somewhere. Prayers for you and your family......

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

I am so, so sorry for your loss...cancer has taken too much from far too many.

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

All my sympathy and to you and your family, Federico.

Comment

• J.B.
                  Guild Navigator
                  • Jun 23, 2010

Terrible news. My deepest condolences.
                  You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 8, 2015

I am so sorry to hear this, very sad, peace be with you and your family.

God Bless.

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my thoughts during this difficult time.

Comment

• YoungOnce
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 29, 2007

Profound sympathies to you and your family. Thoughts and prayers from our family to yours.

There are no words that can heal a hurting heart. Sometimes it has to be enough to just be up and moving. Allow yourself some time and don’t be hard on yourself for not having all the answers.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

So very sorry to read this. Best wishes and prayers to you and your family.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Confessional
                            Maker & Whatnot
                            • Aug 8, 2012

Sorry to hear Federico… you are honoring her well.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                              Persistent Member
                              • Aug 12, 2004

I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for you and your family. RIP, Alice.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎