X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Vintage Mego: Star Trek Movie Aliens

Seeing as it’s the 40th anniversary of Star Trek: The Motion Picture let’s take a look at the tough to find and under-appreciated line of second series characters from Mego’s toy line. Visit us online at: Follow us on Twitter: @MegoMuseum Mego Museum Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/TheMegoMuseum/ Mego Mania Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/megomania/

More...

• Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I think accessories would have helped the figures. The sculpts are nice but it always bugged me as a kid that Mego rarely painted the eyes on their 3 3/4 inch figures like Kenner and Fisher Price did. I still wish Mego had done 3 3/4 inch figures of the classic series or cartoon. I think those would have really sold.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I do agree that TOS 3 3/4" figures would have likely faired much better.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

I had the complete set as a kid. sold them off 10-15 years back. we actually found the aliens when visiting Canada in 1980. I always liked the series, but yeah, they should have had accessories. Phasers at least

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

I just do not remember seeing these. Back then my brother & I did have lots of Star Wars and included B.G. with the aliens so its strange that I do not remember at least the aliens.

Curious has anybody recast the alien heads to fit regular Megos?
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

I don't think I'll ever own these, but I would love to. They're just wonderfully weird.

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

If I had ever seen a Vulcan Explorer as an 8 year old, I would have lost my mind, it would have been a must Mom Christmas gift. But I think driving a vehicle lying on your stomach might have been a little uncomfortable, or in
              Mr. Spock's case a bit illogical, sitting up straight with the control panel in front of you might have looked better.

I would love to create something like this myself, it wouldn't be impossible, just not very easy.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I'm so suggestible--after each of these videos, I think, "These are nice! I should collect these." Then my budget realization kicks in. But I enjoy them nonetheless.

So when will Sweet Innocence get a nod lol?
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

I agree that the ST:TMP line were great figures, and loved the ability to "crossover" with my other 3.75" figures. One of the Metalman figures had a gun that looked a lot like a phaser, and I would use his with the Trek figures... but yes, guns would have made these even more appealing.

I don't remember ever seeing the aliens, even the US released ones, so it was cool to see them nicely photographed like this.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                    Muddling through
                    • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                    I just do not remember seeing these. Back then my brother & I did have lots of Star Wars and included B.G. with the aliens so its strange that I do not remember at least the aliens.

Curious has anybody recast the alien heads to fit regular Megos?
                    the aliens were not available in the states, except for 3 of them by catalog order I believe

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎