X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Redbox or cable for me.

So far only one movie has me going to the movie theater next year, Wonder Woman 1984.
    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Highly disappointing trailer. I know it’s about the kids...but wanted a glimpse of Murray, Aykroyd, Hudson, Weaver, Potts...and most of all...the iconic theme music.

So this trailer was meh...
      sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Its not coming out until Summer of 2020. I am sure they are holding a lot back until closer to release. I think the goal for now was to show that they had a premise that works and that is different from the recent remake (for me, mission accomplished). But I think the next hurdle is proving this is a "Ghostbuster Movie"... since this first trailer is lacking all of the joy and whimsy of the original.

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

Ghostbusters is a Comedy. Where's the humor?

I'm not sold on this. I loved the 2016 film, very much. This? Not so much.

This is Stranger Things. To the point that they cast the STAR of Stranger Things.

The ship has sailed. They waited too long to make a Ghostbusters 3, and now we're stuck with Blues Brothers 2020. Dan Ackroyd can't capture lightning twice, so he compensates for the loss of another friend and costar by filling the void with a kid, when the audience just wants to see the same aging comedians. Wash, rinse, repeat.
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Klosterheim
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 23, 2013

I'm excited for the new movie. It may be something that I like.

I enjoy the toaster scene in Ghostbusters II.

I now know why E.T. didn't have a sequel, one reason being the stars grow up so fast like in Stranger Things, it just seems so weird, since being used to watching only adults as main characters, it's never the same twice, even though I really like Stranger Things 2 and 3, it's not the show creators' fault, it's just impossible to capture the moment again.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I thought this looked great. Force Awakens for Ghostbusters.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

I saw this in the theater and it took a few beats for me to realize it was a Ghostbusters movie. At first I thought it was a bad thing, but then pulled back and thought maybe I needed to let it be something different. I agree with Sprytel's point about it lacking the joy and whimsy of the original two and even the most recent. I think I need to see a little more fun before a final decision, but let's face it- I go see everything
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
                  Career Member
                  • Jan 13, 2009

All I saw was a Stranger Things knock-off. Hope I'm wrong!

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

I've never seen Stranger Things so I don't get the comparison.

For the trailer, i'm not very excited …. The movie looks too kid minded and serious -- like a Stand By Me or It clone.

Where's the promise of fun ?

I don't have high hopes for it

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

this is the first trailer, to introduce the concept. maybe the next trailer will show more of the fun aspects

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎