X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Ghostbusters Afterlife trailer.

If people were expecting Ghostbusters 3, this isn't it. It's about Egon's grandkids.

Looks fine but I'd still rather have had a CGI Real Ghostbusters cartoon.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Something feels...off. I always felt that everyone in the original films was a caricature, not a real person. From the librarian, the Ghostbusters, Louis, Jeanine, Walter Peck, etc. Even in Ghostbusters II...Janos, baby Oscar, the judge, etc.
    The original movies were sort of live action cartoons IMO...this feels too real-world.

Throws the whole thing off.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I wonder how they will merchandise it? No where near as toyetic as Real Ghostbusters was. I'm guessing we will see a lot of Paul Rudd action figures and Ectos.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

I agree this seems to have a different vibe, but I’m intrigued at a different angle for Ghostbusters. It’s way way way too late to do GB3 and we already have GB2 and it pales in comparison to the original. I won’t even bother bringing up the recent one.

That first one is lightning in a bottle.
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
          valar morghulis
          • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by enyawd72
          Something feels...off. I always felt that everyone in the original films was a caricature, not a real person. From the librarian, the Ghostbusters, Louis, Jeanine, Walter Peck, etc. Even in Ghostbusters II...Janos, baby Oscar, the judge, etc.
          The original movies were sort of live action cartoons IMO...this feels too real-world.

Throws the whole thing off.
          Agreed, but it makes sense to take it more a Marvel movie route than just more goofball. Jason Reitman is a talented guy, so I bet it will work..

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
            I agree this seems to have a different vibe, but I’m intrigued at a different angle for Ghostbusters. It’s way way way too late to do GB3 and we already have GB2 and it pales in comparison to the original. I won’t even bother bringing up the recent one.

That first one is lightning in a bottle.
            I know I'm in the minority but I love Ghostbusters II as much as the first one.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I won’t even bother bringing up the recent one.
              I liked it.

There hasn't been a version of GB I didn't like. It wasn't as good as the first movie or Real Ghostbusters. But It didn't deserve the rage directed at it. It's okay to dislike something. Plenty of reboots I don't like. The over the top rage orchestrated and directed at it wasn't normal. The Ghostbusters comics have the 2016 GB as part of the GB multiverse along with Extreme and Real.

I feel the same away about this GB movie as I did the last one. Looks good but I'd have preferred a Real Ghostbusters movie.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Werewolf
                I liked it.

There hasn't been a version of GB I didn't like. It wasn't as good as the first movie or Real Ghostbusters. But It didn't deserve the rage directed at it. It's okay to dislike something. Plenty of reboots I don't like. The over the top rage orchestrated and directed at it wasn't normal. The Ghostbusters comics have the 2016 GB as part of the GB multiverse along with Extreme and Real.

I feel the same away about this GB movie as I did the last one. Looks good but I'd have preferred a Real Ghostbusters movie.
                I wanted to love it. I love all the actors in other things, but the story, the humor, and the attempt to add action I found cringe inducing. I just think the way Paul Feig directs makes him the wrong guy for this.

I read somewhere that much of the internet outrage was manufactured by Sony, who needed a giant hit at the time. The logic being that more people would go as a political statement. I’ll have to see if I can find that article, it was from 2017 I think.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

I read somewhere that much of the internet outrage was manufactured by Sony,
                  Ah, no, it wasn't Sony that harassed Leslie Jones online. I'm not going to touch politics or name the people or group behind it. That's all I'm going to say on that.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Werewolf
                    Ah, no, it wasn't Sony that harassed Leslie Jones online. I'm not going to touch politics or name the people or group behind it. That's all I'm going to say on that.
                    You’re 100% right, and I certainly wasn’t trying to imply that it was Sony only.

I’m googling, but of course I can’t find the article I read, but basically, It sounded like Sony fanned the flames.
                    Last edited by CrimsonGhost; Dec 9, '19, 1:46 PM.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by enyawd72
                      I know I'm in the minority but I love Ghostbusters II as much as the first one.
                      I liked the 2nd one a lot, too. Especially Vigo the Carpathian... cool villain!
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• powersthatbe
                        Persistent Member
                        • Sep 27, 2010

Feels like Stranger Things

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

looks interesting. it will probably hit, or at least try to hit, all the nostalgic nods. At least I look forward to watching this one, unlike the 2016 version which I still have not been able to sit through

Comment

• boss
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 18, 2003

I’ll go see it.
                            Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                              Feels like Stranger Things
                              Well, the lead kid is Finn Wolfhard. He happens to be the lead kid in both Stranger Things and IT as well, lol...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎