X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

13 Toys We Want to See Re-Released

I wrote an article for Dan Greenfield's wonderful 13th Dimensions showcasing 13 toys (or toy lines) that I thought deserved a second go-around. Big thanks to Brian and Plaid Stallions for providing all of those wonderful catalog and ad pages.

13th Dimension is running a series of articles called Toyhem this month. Some great stuff right in our wheelhouse. Be sure to check them all out!

Chris
    sigpic
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

A rereleased Steve Austin with expanded line made like the old Kenner ones would be amazing!
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• EmergencyIan
      Museum Paramedic
      • Aug 31, 2005

Love that list, Chris! It feels like you visited my brain, which isn’t surprising.

- Ian
      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Great article and I agree Super Powers reissues are long over due. I would have had Silverhawks on the list over something like the glasses though. Beautiful chromed figures. A real underrated Kenner line.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

Fantastic list!

I still say the greatest thing that could have ever happened to toys would be since the licenses are now reversed from the 80's, if Mattel made DC figures in the style of Secret Wars, and Hasbro made Marvel figures in the style Super Powers.
          They would make a crapload of money off both.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by enyawd72
            Fantastic list!

I still say the greatest thing that could have ever happened to toys would be since the licenses are now reversed from the 80's, if Mattel made DC figures in the style of Secret Wars, and Hasbro made Marvel figures in the style Super Powers.
            They would make a crapload of money off both.
            Mattel better hurry up then,
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

It's a good list, but something I really pine for are reissued Big Jims, if only a commemorative edition.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                It's a good list, but something I really pine for are reissued Big Jims, if only a commemorative edition.
                That's another excellent choice. I'd like to add to that Super Joes. It looked like such a cool sci-fi take on GI JOE. Plus since they are disintegrating or have already disintegrated, without reissues nothing will be left of them soon other than parts and photographs.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

Super Joe can be rebuilt, I have a bunch of them. but yeah, reissues would be really cool

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Yes, yes, and yes. I'm all for reissuing toys. I would've had trouble limiting the list to 13.

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Great list!

Originally posted by Werewolf
                      I would have had Silverhawks on the list over something like the glasses though. Beautiful chromed figures. A real underrated Kenner line.
                      ...And now you got that darn theme song stuck in my head. lol

Comment

• YoungOnce
                        Career Member
                        • Aug 29, 2007

Loved the article Earth2Chris... one of my favorite sites to visit...

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Great read and pics !!!

I'd like to see the Remco Seaview with accessories rereleased

m

Comment

• TrekStar
                            Trek or Treat
                            • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Mikey
                            Great read and pics !!!

I'd like to see the Remco Seaview with accessories rereleased

m

Along with the flying sub.

Comment

• danadoll
                              Micronaut Nut!
                              • Apr 11, 2005

Meh...the only line I'd really want to see revived (with more articulation in the same scale and maybe expanded to include the figures they didn't finish releasing), he didn't mention, the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons line by LJN...I love those figures!

Dana
                              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎