• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

RIP Rene Auberjonois

Rest in Peace, Rene Auberjonois

Most of us knew him from Benson and Deep Space Nine. This time of year is always really tough and seems to claim a lot of Celebrities.

He was 79.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...O7d1iLlJmYMmBU
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Ach, this is a hard one. I enjoyed him in most everything I saw him in and admired his voice work as well. He had a marvelous voice. RIP sir.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

sad news. Damn cancer. RIP!

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

One of the absolute great, prolific actors of our time. Always hoped he would've gotten the higher recognition he deserved.

I'll always associate him with DeSaad, Benson and MASH before DS9. What a range he had...

RIP.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Not to derail, but I just read that Robert Guillaume has died as well, age 89. RIP to a talented comedian and singer. Benson was a favorite in our home, I loved the interplay of the leads.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
            Museum Paramedic
            • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            Not to derail, but I just read that Robert Guillaume has died as well, age 89. RIP to a talented comedian and singer. Benson was a favorite in our home, I loved the interplay of the leads.
            Yeah, when Guillaume died back in October of 2017 it was a sad day for me and many others, I’m sure. Both gentlemen were fine actors who I enjoyed watching play off of each other in “Benson.”

- Ian
            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Oh good grief, sorry--that's what I get for not scrutinizing internet pop-ups. I probably even posted in an earlier thread about Guillaume.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                Persistent Member
                • May 28, 2008

I was always a Rene Auberjonois fan, going back to Benson and the tv-movie Panache (and morbid as it sounds, my one hope with his loss is some of his works like this one might become available again as a result), and of course as Odo. I didn't realize until looking at his credits that he was Desaad on both the final season of Super Friends and the DCAU Justice League. I had not realized those two animated universes had a common voice actor on the same villain. I wish I'd learned that trivia another way.
                Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• enyawd72
                  Maker of Monsters!
                  • Oct 1, 2009

He was also great in King Kong '76...he delivered my favorite line.

"...it WILL be great oil. Mother nature just has to finish cooking it a little...
                  until then, you'll get better mileage filling up your Cadillac with mule p*ss!"

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

I liked him in The Patriot. He was good with Heath Leadger.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                      valar morghulis
                      • Mar 8, 2005

The H&I channel runs all the Star Trek shows six nights a week, and Friday's DS9 show was the finale.. so I had just watched Odo saying goodbye on Friday, and then Auberjonois passes away over the weekend. Quite a sad coincidence..

I bought the DS9 documentary a few months back, will have to watch it again now..

Last edited by Sideshow Spock; Dec 9, '19, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎