X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

building a new and hopefully better HULK

The bodies I've been using for my bigger guys like the Hulk look ok, but the posability is lacking when I pad them out so I've been looking for something better and I think I got it. Its base is going to be a doll ball and socket armature like this:

I am roughing out the body with quilt batting. I did shorten the legs a bit and lengthened the arms, just moved around some of the segments.

next I will add some foam rubber to bulk up the back, shoulders, gut and chest. its very posable.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Interesting approach. How many Hulks have you done now anyhow? I've liked the previous ones a lot, but then again, I always like the new one too... so it is very cool that you keep tinkering with the green guy...

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I've done a lot over the years, just trying to get to one that can really pose well. THe Urban Icons bodies I have been using don't like the weight of bigger hands or he padding, I think this will work better. I wanted to find some green pleather spandex for the skin but am having trouble locating it.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

added foam to bulk up the shoulders and chest

added craft foam knee and elbows that will hopefully show up thru the fabric

Comment

• Boywonder0
          Persistent Member
          • Dec 29, 2007

Looking good... Keep it up!

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

thanks, the hands have been giving me fits but I finally hit a method I liked to get bendy fingers.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎