X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Adventure People Rock!

The Fisher-Price Adventure people were a Christmas staple in my house, so much so that they always trigger happy memories when I see them. I still have my originals so I don't actually have a large collection of them.

Don't forget to join our new facebook group.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Next to mego, there’s no other toyline I had more fun playing with. Proud to say the Sea Explorer boat still sits by my tub as my kids favourite bath time toy
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

A staple toy for us, too. I especially liked the late-issue sci-fi stuff.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
        Museum Correspondent
        • Apr 2, 2002

Removed because I don't want to potentially yuck somebody else's yum. I'll get back to threatening to keep the neighbor kid's frisbee.
        Last edited by Wee67; Dec 4, '19, 2:37 PM.
        WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Wonderful toys. I liked that several sets came with female figures and the line could be enjoyed by both boys and girls.
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

I really love Adventure People. It reminds me of a more innocent time in children's toys.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 27, 2009

Loved this line Great toys

Comment

• Hedji
                Citizen of Gotham
                • Nov 17, 2012

I can see myself diving deeper into these little guys to recapture some of that old magic.

Comment

• danadoll
                  Micronaut Nut!
                  • Apr 11, 2005

They do/did indeed rock. My sister and I had a bunch of them when we were kids (the news crew with the van (and tower), the big boat/yellow diving vehicle and dolphin, the dinghy and two green-suited scuba divers, the two workmen with the yellow ladder/scaffold, the two hikers (guy and lady), a few of the space people, including the x-ray people, the nurse with the stretcher, a fireman, a few others too). They were so fun!

Dana
                  "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

True to my post 3 days ago, I now have a carded X-Ray man coming in the mail.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

He's one of my favorites!
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

I had him as a kid, and despite Adventure people being marketed as durable toys for a younger market, mine got cracked from the inside out, and fell apart in pieces. X-Ray Woman has missed her friend all these years.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎