X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

RIP DC Fontanta

A trailblazer and a genre superstar. I can't believe how many shows i love that she wrote for.

Dorothy Catherine (D.C.) Fontana, famed TV writer best known for Star Trek: The Original Series, has died after a brief illness.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

Very sad news. I loved her stories! R.I.P.!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

In many ways, the very backbone of TOS, and beyond. Wrote some of the best episodes, and added some of the best bits to shows she wasn't a credited writer on. Without her, I don't know if we'd still be talking about Star Trek today.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

she also wrote some great Trek novels. RIP!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          In many ways, the very backbone of TOS, and beyond. Wrote some of the best episodes, and added some of the best bits to shows she wasn't a credited writer on. Without her, I don't know if we'd still be talking about Star Trek today.

Chris
          Well-said.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

Chris
            So true.
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

Chris
              Spot on.

She also wrote one of my favorite MOTU episodes, "Battlecat." I had just recently re-watched it.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Chris
                This is so true without question, some of my favorite episodes were written by her, animated series as well, RIP.

Comment

• Apositive
                  Career Member
                  • Apr 3, 2011

For all of the credit that other creatives in Star Trek received, I always felt that D.C. Fontana deserved more......rest in peace now.

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Thank goodness for her involvement. When I was getting into Trek, the Making of Book by David Gerrold and the Compendium by Asherman were my behind the scenes references. It became very clear to me that she was responsible for much of what worked. A great lady for certain.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎