Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

The movie I’d pay big money to see is a stand alone Rogue movie.

Rogue defeating and taking all the powers permanently away from Captain Marvel would rule sooooooooo much!!!!!!!!

That way we get to see the Rogue we all grew up loving...a super powered southern belle...not weak Anna Paquin’s lame Rogue.
    sigpic

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

Oh I'm in this primarily for Taskmaster, a favorite Avengers villain of mine and my brother's. Could there be a hint here of Vanguard, Ursa Major, Darkstar?
      Last edited by powersthatbe; Dec 3, '19, 6:42 PM.

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        Captain Marvel made a billion dollars. How wrong could it be?

Chris
        It made a billion because they lied their asses off on how integral the movie and she were going to be to Infinity. That was the marketing hype since the SDCC announcement.

If they made her a standalone, non-Avemgers related project, it would have been a miracle to hit 500mil.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

Again I will watch this when it gets released on DVD or Disney+. I WAS excited to see Red Guardian till we found out he is retired and fat. Why???
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

He's an old school Russian reaction to Captain America, probably took years of research to come up with a viable super-soldier formula. I like that the MCU is trying to flesh out its past.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              He's an old school Russian reaction to Captain America, probably took years of research to come up with a viable super-soldier formula. I like that the MCU is trying to flesh out its past.
              Yeah I fully expect a young, superfit flashback version of that character to show up in something.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

It will be interesting to see how they handle Taskmaster. I wonder if they'll retcon him into the person that trained the young Soviet agents. I love the mercenary/neutral aspect of the character in the comics, but I've never understood his look. I assume his costume is supposed to reflect all the powers he mimics, but it just looked like a thrown-together mess with a skull mask. I can't imagine they could translate that costume to film (and it looks like they're not)
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by monitor_ep
                  Again I will watch this when it gets released on DVD or Disney+. I WAS excited to see Red Guardian till we found out he is retired and fat. Why???
                  Because anyone who lived through the height of the Cold War years (as would be the case for Red Guardian) is going to be older and past their prime. It's not like he was put on ice like Cap or Winter Soldier, so he would have aged and likely been fatter and out of shape, or frailer and out of shape. Since they cast a thick dude like David Harbour for the role, that was the direction they were going. Most of us here grew up through the height of Cold War years, how many our age who were athletes (the closest parallel for a super-hero like the Red Guardian) are still physically in their prime and haven't retired or "gotten fat." So it is a pretty common sense answer to your question of "why?"

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎