Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Black Widow first trailer

Chris
    sigpic
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

This looks interesting and I'd watch Scarjo read a newspaper (actually I sort of did with "Her") but Endgame still felt like closure. I'll see this for sure and it's long overdue but I can't picture me sitting in a theater this time around...
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I'm still wondering if Hulk didn't unknowingly bring her back, and this is set in the present MCU. Either way, I'm in.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• MEMEGO
        Career Member
        • Sep 6, 2007

Wonder Woman will slaughter this movie. By the way she is called the Black Widow , not White Widow or White Spider she wears a Black Uniform not a white one, and since when was Red Star a fat old man?

Comment

• rykerw1701
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 27, 2007

While it does feel a bit after the fact, I'm looking forward to seeing it and will gladly pony up my $12 to do so. And I agree, Wonder Woman will have a much bigger box office, but there's room for both in my heart. Oh and dreams, for that matter.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
            valar morghulis
            • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            I'm still wondering if Hulk didn't unknowingly bring her back, and this is set in the present MCU. Either way, I'm in.

Chris
            Marvel said at SDCC that the movie takes place between the events of Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

Originally posted by MEMEGO
              Wonder Woman will slaughter this movie. By the way she is called the Black Widow , not White Widow or White Spider she wears a Black Uniform not a white one, and since when was Red Star a fat old man?
              The original Black Widow doesn't wear white in the comic book...but the white outfit is in the Marvel Comic Book universe in one of the many re-boots of the comic series. I hope people don't start to tear this down before they see a second trailer. Accept what Marvel is trying to do...Merge old with new within the Marvel Universe. This movie is essentially both versions of Black Widow within the confines of ONE movie / one franchise. Trust me when I say that these movies that Marvel are making are much more palatable than reading a Marvel Comic book within the last 15 + years. If anyone uses CLZ...they will know exactly what I mean. At least there is some sort of continuity within the movies....If you have just come back to comic books, you will absolutely loose your mind with trying to figure out which volume a book is and which number a book is in the Marvel Comic Book universe. I haven't stopped and I am confused. It's one of the reasons I just stopped buying about 90% of Marvel Books I used to buy.

All that being said...I am really liking what I see in the trailer. A lot better than the pics of the set were showing that had no explanations as to what was going on. Taskmaster looked awful in the still shots. Looks very promising. Also...this is not really a super hero movie or a super power movie. It's basically what a Shield movie would have been like if it was done correctly. Not that GOD awful Hasslehoff movie from the 90's. Can't wait to see this one. One last thing...people shouldn't compare Wonder Woman to Black Widow. Two COMPLETELY different types of movies. Apples to Oranges...

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

It's overdue and only got made because Fiege got embarrassed by WW's success and betting on the wrong horse with Capt Marvel. It has a Lucy feel to me, which is smart as that was her most successful leading role.

...and I wouldn't bet on WW2 crushing this.
                Last edited by hedrap; Dec 3, '19, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I think both movies will be successful, they're both established franchises.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by MEMEGO
                    Since he's an old retired Russian superhero. A white suit makes perfect sense if you are dropped on a snow covered mountain. Haven't seen anything of WW2 yet, but the cheetah casting is a bit odd.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

It's overdue and only got made because Fiege got embarrassed by WW's success and betting on the wrong horse with Capt Marvel. It has a Lucy feel to me, which is smart as that was her most successful leading role.

...and I wouldn't bet on WW2 crushing this.
                      Captain Marvel made a billion dollars. How wrong could it be?

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
                        Still Old School
                        • Feb 14, 2008

I love her. I’ll watch it. Could care less if it has a plot.

Did I mention I love her?
                        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Easy movie theater pass for me. But I’ll rent it when it comes up on Redbox or cable.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                            I think both movies will be successful, they're both established franchises.
                            Agreed. I’m not a huge Black Widow fan...but she has the established movie resume to be a stand alone box office hit.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                              Captain Marvel made a billion dollars. How wrong could it be?

Chris
                              Agreed. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll take Wonder Woman over Captain Marvel any day of the week...but let’s be honest here...Captain Marvel was the bigger hit.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎