X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rche
    channeling Bob Wills
    • Mar 26, 2008

official MM Secret Santa gift exchange 2019

And here we go - it is that time of year again.

I am coordinating a name swap for folks who want to exchange gifts to fellow MEGOheads as a Secret Santa.

Sorry about the short notice, but I usually get this together right after Thanksgiving and that was sort of late this year. Anyone who wishes to participate needs to send an EMAIL to justrche@yahoo.com by FRIDAY - Dec 6. (please don't use the pm system here, as I want to keep track of this over the holidays and my PM box will just fill up.) I am going to close this up on Saturday and email the participants with their recipient by Sunday the 8th. Hopefully that should give everyone enough time to run to Target or Walmart and get to the mailbox, so get your names and wish lists in now.

I will need:
    - your Mego Museum handle and your name that the local postal authorities will deliver to.
    - your postal address. (this will only go out to the person who draws your name for SS)
    - a wish list; but remember - not everyone is loaded with extra Zorros and Secret Identity kits, and what you receive may be nowhere near what you put on your list. It is nice to dream, tho.

I will mix the names up and pull from a hat to draw for who gets who. I actually use a hat for this, and my son, Cip helps me out with the drawing. I will email everyone back by Sunday the 2nd with their info for their SS recipient.

Remember, this is a secret, so don't go blabbing or you may find lumps of coal in your pm box
    Please wrap gifts and try to be polite about it; the person you are giving to may want to stick it under their tree where their kids can see it.
    According to the USPS website, gifts should hit the post office by the 15th of December so that they get there before the needles start falling off of the tree. (if you are a true procrastinator, priority says it will get there if posted by the 20th) For the folks who are shipping cross-pond - well, sometimes this works out as a jolly new year instead.

Please let me know when you have POSTED or RECEIVED a present. It is also nice to post a pic or a thanks or something in this thread indicating your gift arrived and did indeed survive the postal crush.
    I will send out a reminder as we get close to December 15th, but really - this is a fun thing and I am a volunteer coordinator, not a watch dog. So if you can't get to the post office with a gift in the next couple of weeks.....

Feel free to use this thread to post up pictures of your gifts and many back-slappings and guffaws can be had then.

Please use your best judgement on value. There is no limit if you are feeling generous, but please remember we do not all live in Wayne Manor. Considering all the hubbub about the new Mego's at Target and WalMart this year, that is probably a good yardstick for a gift.

If you can please post pictures of stuff you got.

and above all else
    have a GOOD time
    Happy Holidays to all!
    -rche
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm in--thanks for sponsoring.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

Awesome! Glad to have you participating again, PNGwynne!

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

I'm in!

Thanks!

Comment

• TEXASFETT
          #1 Bounty Hunter
          • Aug 29, 2008

Awesome time of the year missed it last year in as well

Comment

• Duncan
            Museum focus-groupie
            • Jun 27, 2009

After a hiatus of a few years (I think), I'm in, please.

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

getting a good gathering going. reminder that I am drawing the names this weekend, so send me your info if you want to join in the Secret Santa gift exchange.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

In all honesty, this is the only holiday shopping I'm looking forward to.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                  To Fear is Not Logical...
                  • Feb 17, 2008

I just sent my email in
                  It's all good!

Comment

• Confessional
                    Maker & Whatnot
                    • Aug 8, 2012

Oh yeah, let's do this again… last year was a blast!

Comment

• rche
                      channeling Bob Wills
                      • Mar 26, 2008

We have a great crew for the exchange this year. Reminder that I will be drawing names sometime after midnight tonight, and I will get your Secret Santa info to you by Sunday. Happy holidays everyone!

Comment

• enyawd72
                        Maker of Monsters!
                        • Oct 1, 2009

^Thanks Rche! Looking forward to it.

Comment

• rche
                          channeling Bob Wills
                          • Mar 26, 2008

Originally posted by enyawd72
                          ^Thanks Rche! Looking forward to it.
                          I am also looking forward to this. It is always a joy to see what everybody exchanges and to hear cool stories of giving and opening.

Comment

• rche
                            channeling Bob Wills
                            • Mar 26, 2008

Allrighty then! Draw is done and names have been sent out. Let me know if your email does not get to you and I will resend. I try to make sure things are random, but that the same folks don't draw each other year after year. If I have done that in error, let me know asap and I will see if I can fix it. Happy Holidays to all, and have a GOOD time. - Archie

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

Yippee, and payday is tomorrow! Perfect timing.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎