Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter Parker The Amazing Spider-Man (Circa Late 70s - Early 80s)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarvelousCustoms
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 28, 2017

Peter Parker The Amazing Spider-Man (Circa Late 70s - Early 80s)

Peter Parker The Amazing Spider-Man. Now this is what I call a Marvelous custom Head is a Playmates Captain Pike head shrunk and painted by Tony DiTrapano. I can't even explain the detail on the eyes. He absolutely nailed it. The body is Mego. He is wearing a vintage Mego Starsky sweater, CTVT leather jacket, green pants along with some Joker shoes.
    Note: DO NOT EVER USE CTVT LEATHER, it literally falls apart. This is the 4th jacket and is also starting to fall apart in the back.

Last edited by MarvelousCustoms; Nov 28, '19, 7:41 PM.
    Visit my store for all your Mego needs and Figure Factory customs

https://www.worldsgreatestsuperheroes.com/
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

Absolutely positively beautiful work on this custom. You're right he "Nailed it". I usually use this head for my Lone Ranger customs too.
    Last edited by Ivaniski; Nov 28, '19, 3:00 PM.

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

Now THIS is Peter Parker! Not that there’s anything wrong with the original sculpt, but this is much more adult looking. It’s a shame that the FTC leather jackets are such junk; what kind of real leather works in this scale?
      JediJaida

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
        Career Member
        • Jul 23, 2019

Figure looks great, but, yeah, I have gone through two leather jackets from CTVT because I wanted my vintage Stasky figure to wear a jacket and both were just splitting and falling apart the moment I took them out of the plastic.
        "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• MarvelousCustoms
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 28, 2017

Originally posted by JediJaida
          Now THIS is Peter Parker! Not that there’s anything wrong with the original sculpt, but this is much more adult looking. It’s a shame that the FTC leather jackets are such junk; what kind of real leather works in this scale?
          IDK what kind of leather works best. I do know that I've never had a problem with Mego brand leather but they didn't have brown. I might commission Rachel Baker to make me one if she has the time.
          Visit my store for all your Mego needs and Figure Factory customs

https://www.worldsgreatestsuperheroes.com/

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

GREAT job! Sucks about the jacket though...nothing worse than elements beyond your control messing up your work.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
              Banned
              • Jun 23, 2001

That head would also be a good cast for Peter from Fringe. Very nice and Trappy definitely nailed the painting on that head.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎