X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

E.T. Holiday Reunion commercial.

Yes, it's an Xfinity commercial but it's actually kind of sweet and well done

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Wow. Didn't need it, but at least it was good.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• powersthatbe
      Persistent Member
      • Sep 27, 2010

that was nice. Showed a whole "sequel"(that pretty much every movie goer has wondered or thought about) in five minutes,

Comment

• YoungOnce
        Career Member
        • Aug 29, 2007

Oh thanks for posting! I caught the last half of it today... now I can see the whole thing

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

thanks for posting this. I just heard about it earlier today but did not have a chance to look it up

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

I just finished downloading it off of youtube, this was a great sequel to the first!
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

My wife is an 80s kid more than me, she liked it but then exclaimed: "stop mining my childhood to sell ****"!
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                My wife is an 80s kid more than me, she liked it but then exclaimed: "stop mining my childhood to sell ****"!
                I totally get that point.

I still do give them a lot credit. The commercial is respectful to the source material with absolutely zero hipster irony. There's no escaping companies trying to push their stuff on us. But if a company is going to try to market something to me I'd much rather they do it with kindness than crudeness.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
                  I totally get that point.

I still do give them a lot credit. The commercial is respectful to the source material with absolutely zero hipster irony. There's no escaping companies trying to push their stuff on us. But if a company is going to try to market something to me I'd much rather they do it with kindness than crudeness.
                  Yeah, she liked the ad but then kind of soured and mentioned some muppets commercial that ticks her off.

I myself get irritated by the often vacillating hipster tone of "The Toys That Made Us" so i get it.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                    Yeah, she liked the ad but then kind of soured and mentioned some muppets commercial that ticks her off.
                    The Muppets Facebook commercials? Those are really bad.

Comment

• Treadwell
                      Museum Super Collector
                      • Dec 31, 2018

Elliot's done well, that's like a million dollar house.

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

My love for E.T. knows no bounds... it's irrational, in fact. Watched the film not more than 10 days ago, and wept like a baby. I'd always hoped they'd NEVER make a sequel. That this exists should hopefully prevent one from being made now.

The fact that they got Henry Thomas back, and he steps into that role again... I'm almost speechless. Literally tearing up over a 4 minute ad.

I don't even know what the product is, but I'm happy they did this with respect and sincerity. It's everything you'd imagine a sequel would be, and saves us all from the inevitable shortcomings of a feature length sequel.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji

It's everything you'd imagine a sequel would be, and saves us all from the inevitable shortcomings of a feature length sequel.
                          Have you read the novel sequel The book of the green planet? I read that as a kid. Really liked it.

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

No, I never have. I've always been content with the perfect ending that is the film, and thus reluctant to go any further. But lately, I've been thinking of that book... I should check it out.

This was my display for the trick or treaters this year:

Attached Files

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Hedji

This was my display for the trick or treaters this year:
                              That is awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎