X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

The New Adventures of Batman Announcement

A long time back, FTC announced they would make the Filmation version of the DC Super Heroes. And this last Friday, we got our first glimpses of the first two. Batman and the Joker. They said this was from the New Adventures of Batman, my all time favorite animated Batman, which was my start at the age of 5. That animated show led me to the live 1966 TV series, the comics, the SuperFriends, and eventually, the 1968 series by Filmation. For those that like the 1968 series better, the good news is, Batman, Robin, Batgirl, Joker, and Penguin look the same in both cartoons. From my perspective, Batman's head is the only part of him that is the most accurate to the Filmation cartoons, except for him smiling, which is more characteristic of the SuperFriends version of Batman. Otherwise, the costume appears to be a recycled version of the SuperFriends Batman. While traditionally grey, Batman and Batgirl's bodysuits, appear to be a very pale shade pf blue that the late Hawkmike (Mike Barrett) and I call It Filmation Blue. The cape is too long since it's the cape from the SuperFriends Batman. The emblem looks like it's the emblem from the 1966 figure. Final review, Batman's head is accurate, but not the costume. The Joker is spot on to the Filmation series, both the head and the outfit. Regardless of the appearances, I am definitely buying these figures and all the Filmation DC Heroes they make and release.
  • OCSuperman
    Museum Patron
    • Sep 4, 2014

These do look promising ...

Joker is perfect.

I like Batman, but the cape is too too much in my opinion. Just keep the cape simple and smaller.

And hoping they'll be on the new bodies (quality control has kept me away for the last few lines/series).

Comment

• filmation batman fan
      The Man of Many Voices
      • Aug 30, 2005

When I get the Filmation Batman, I may just put a regular Mego or a Mego repro of the cape on him since the Filmation Batman's cape was short as opposed to the long cape from the SuperFriends Batman. Even though it won't be a double sided cape. And I'm wildly guessing there isn't any kind of fabric to match that pale Filmation blue color. But the utility belt should be right since FTC never replicated the the SuperFriends Batman's utility belt.

Comment

• DaniellePlaysWithToys
        Youngest Mego Fan
        • Aug 30, 2019

I can't wait to get the Filmation version of Hawkman and pair it with Birdman! They're so similar: they both have pet birds (Skreel and Avenger), they both have wings...
        FTC apologist, Hawkman stan, and Cybatom shipper.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎