Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Godzilla
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 3, 2002

I liked the final episode and the revelations didn't bother me in the grand scheme of things.

My only issue with the final episode was the Doctor was really an observe for almost all of it. I would have preferred a more heroic resolution by her as opposed to what we got.

All in all, I'd give the season a B+. Only one real dog of an episode for me (Can you Hear Me) and I had varying degrees of enjoyment for the rest.
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Doctor Who 2020...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Well, the New Year's Day 2021 DW special "Revolution of the Daleks" was mediocre.
        Chibnall really needs to go.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, it felt like the show was really trying but still kinda meh.

The plot was mainly lifted from some RTD era Who stories, the new Daleks looked cool but it still managed to be plodding, it was still hard to hear the dialogue over the (dreary) music that swells in the wrong places but for once, Whittaker's Doctor seemed like the Doctor for a change, I mean she had a plan and it was a decent one.

The other thing that didn't work for me was the feels, maybe it's because I stopped watching last season but Ryan and Graham leaving, it didn't do much for me other than they were probably the two more developed characters on the show. Now, we're left with Yawn and the vague Doctor.

I'm not really interested in the next season at all at this point, nothing to hold me to the series anymore and I mainly blame the showrunner. Even if my favourite monsters or characters appear, I probably won't enjoy his "updating" of them.

Barrowman was a sight for sore eyes but for me, he just served as a reminder when the show was better.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

I just can't bring myself to watching it

I have no prob with a lady Doctor --- I love Missy Master

I just can't stand the sight of Jodie Whittaker

If they would have made a Doctor/Donna I would have been totally onboard

Jodie Whittaker is just too annoying

I figure why torture myself TRYING to like her - life's too short and I could always watch old DW reruns

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

You're not alone Mike, I used to watch the show with my entire family, now I watch it alone. My wife (who was totally excited for this iteration) once uttered, "she needs to close her damn mouth".

I still don't feel she's made the character hers yet, it's like she's stuck in "first season mode". It's weird because she's a really capable actor, I've seen her in stuff where she rocks it.

The writing is also not very supportive of her finding her character either.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Watched the New Year’s Day special and was pretty much underwhelmed.

As has been previously noted, the story was basically a retread of better, more original stories. Granted, there’s only so much you can do with the Daleks, but there have to be some original stories about then still in the tank somewhere. And how is it that NO ONE on Earth happened to recognize a Dalek AS a Dalek? They’ve only tried to subjugate or destroy humanity about a dozen times?

And what was the point of the Doctor even being in prison? It accomplished nothing other than to toss in some teases of old villains. Evidently, 13 isn’t anywhere near as clever as her predecessors; they would’ve stayed in the prison as long as it entertained them, then they would’ve figured a clever way out.

This was yet another episode, as well, where The Doctor became little more than a bit player in her own program. I grew tired of the three companions during the last season and this episode tickled me poopless that at least two of them are going bye-bye. I liked Graham OK, but Ryan? Ugh!! He was a proverbial wet blanket on everything every time he was on the screen. Yaz I like OK, but her character needs more growth. I’d say she could possibly get the time she needs in the next season, but with only eight episodes and yet another new companion coming aboard, I don’t see how that’s going to happen.
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

For me the best analogy I can think of is casting Pauly Shore as the NEW James Bond.

NOTHING will make me go see it --- EVER

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 8, 2015

HHmmm what's pretty sad is that NO ONE caught on to the comments made by Graham, "I rather spend my time with my GRANDSON than roam around space." And the Doktor, trying to justifygoing back in time TEN MONTHS (as she was late) to Yaz and in the hopes of keeping the "FAM" together.

So She/He is more concerned with keeping this latest lot of characters together for HER SHELFISHNESS and wanted to keep Graham and Ryan APART.

What does this say about the Doctor NOT SEEKING OUT SUSANafter 1000's of years??????? So much for keeping her FAM together.

Can I get a HASHBROWN: DesperatelyseekingSUSAN!!!!!

Comment

• Wee67
                      Museum Correspondent
                      • Apr 2, 2002

“We won’t be commenting on any speculation around Jodie’s future on the show,” a BBC spokesperson told Variety.

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• sprytel
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Jorge Galvan
                        HHmmm what's pretty sad is that NO ONE caught on to the comments made by Graham, "I rather spend my time with my GRANDSON than roam around space." And the Doktor, trying to justifygoing back in time TEN MONTHS (as she was late) to Yaz and in the hopes of keeping the "FAM" together.
                        I'm not defending the episode (at all) but I believe her thought process was that if she hadn't missed those 10 months, then neither Ryan nor Graham would want to stop traveling on the TARDIS.

And even with that, the statement was really just a prompt for Yaz to say her "its ok to be sad" line... which is more the result of lazy writing than some moral failing of the character.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎