X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

The Judoon episode was interesting.
    I think I know where they're going with this... if the rumours are true.
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• clemso
      Talkative Member
      • Aug 8, 2001

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
      The Judoon episode was interesting.
      I think I know where they're going with this... if the rumours are true.
      Loving where this is going. The surprise twist could change DW as we know it massively.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I don't understand how anyone could like this new show. Identity politics have killed the franchise for me for ever!! I don't care where they go from this Doctor forward.

Comment

• JediJaida
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 14, 2008

I haven’t watched any of her episodes. She just doesn’t do it for me.

I’m hoping for a male Doctor next regeneration; she sucks.
          JediJaida

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
            I don't understand how anyone could like this new show. Identity politics have killed the franchise for me for ever!! I don't care where they go from this Doctor forward.
            Lonnie, I'm legitimately not trying to pick a fight... I'm just trying to understand you. What do you mean by "identity politcs" here? Is that just another way of saying, "I can't accept a female Doctor"... or is there more to it?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by sprytel
              Lonnie, I'm legitimately not trying to pick a fight... I'm just trying to understand you. What do you mean by "identity politcs" here? Is that just another way of saying, "I can't accept a female Doctor"... or is there more to it?
              I was one who was wanting a female Doctor since the show restarted. I thought we should get a female Doctor, or a child Doctor, just to mix things up and have an interesting story. Doctor Who has had a long, slow burn into the SJW show it is now. It's all garbage. I have a problem with the cast, writing, acting, direction, and message the show has now. Had they written better scripts and hired better actors and actresses, I might have liked the new Doctor. But this actress is pure crap... Chibnall is a hack!

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers

Spoilers

I prefer the other Doctor and her Tardis but not the retconning, I despise that by and large in anything. What a terrible waste of Captain Jack though.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

I liked the last two episodes, solid writing and performances.
                  The first time I feel that everyone is getting comfortable in their roles (Graham always was, I love this guy), but Whittaker as well. There's a spark again.
                  With this development in the last episode, we do get the idea of where this is going, and what it means for the Doctor.
                  Jack Harkness was annoying and wasted in this episode, which is a shame.
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

And as a great admirer of Tesla, I had really hoped they would have shown him a taste of the future (and what he means to it).
                    If anyone deserves it, he did.
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Well, I slept on the last episode and while I truly think that "felt" like Who, it also felt like Chibnall is now just raiding RTD's idea box, I mean everything in this episode, the Judoon, the destroyed Gallifrey, the two Doctors thing, Captain jack, all of it, is recycled goods.

Comment

• clemso
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 8, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
                        Spoilers
                        Spoilers
                        Spoilers
                        Spoilers

Spoilers

I prefer the other Doctor and her Tardis but not the retconning, I despise that by and large in anything. What a terrible waste of Captain Jack though.
                        Moffat started retconning with the War Doctor and Missy. It's basically given Chibnall carte blanche.

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by clemso
                          Moffat started retconning with the War Doctor and Missy. It's basically given Chibnall carte blanche.
                          I don't think I ever stated the War Doctor was my favourite thing but I recognize it was done out of necessity due to Eccleston. That doesn't mean I like rewriting the first Doctor and subsequently ALL of the Doctor's history, that's going way too far in my opinion and I hope this is going to go another direction. I simply don't think that's OK to create 12 new previous lives, it kind of derides Whittaker to be honest. It derides the whole series if this new Doctor did it all first.

As for Missy, the Master always escapes and has pretty much been a little loose since the 80s.

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

I always thought the War Doctor was a slap in the face to Paul McGann

If Eccleston didn't want to be the Time Wars Doctor they should have let Paul McGann do it

There was absolutely no reason to have a "War Doctor" other than having a popular celebrity be a Doctor for a short time.

I'm not a big McGann fan, but he didn't deserve to be shortchanged just because he wasn't BIG enough to sell movie tickets.

Right is right and the "War Doctor" wasn't right

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                              HULK SMASH!
                              • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by Mikey

If Eccleston didn't want to be the Time Wars Doctor they should have let Paul McGann do it
                              Agreed. As cool as it was to have the legend John Hurt in DW, McGann should have been the primary (and only) Time War doctor.
                              Last edited by Bruce Banner; Jan 29, '20, 5:38 AM.
                              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• palitoy
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, if I was writing it, McGann would have been the obvious choice as well, maybe there were other factors at play, not sure.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎