Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

My DVR didn't grab it, I think this is the first premier i didn't watch live.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Second episode was okay.
      Hopefully the season will continue to improve.
      Quite interested in what the hinted major revelation might be.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

Just finished ORPHAN 55. I think I just found my new all-time WORST episode of NuWHO....
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

It reminded me of a McCoy era episode when it started... and improved only marginally.
          Cool creatures, though.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

I saw the two-part opener, some changes in the right direction but it's still not clicking for me. I don't get it, they have a talented cast but the execution seems to be lacking.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by palitoy
              I saw the two-part opener, some changes in the right direction but it's still not clicking for me. I don't get it, they have a talented cast but the execution seems to be lacking.
              I'll agree with you wholeheartedly. This is just MHO, but Thirteen has yet to have had her "defining" Doctor moment. Matt Smith's was easy and came at the end of his first episode when he asked the Atraxi to scan him and find out who he was along with his statement "I'm the Doctor. Basically, run." Peter Capaldi had lots of defining Doctor moments, but the most memorable one to me was in "The Girl Who Died" when he figured out WHY he had the face he had. Jodie Whitaker has had a few instances of getting close to a defining moment, but I think the current trajectory of the program with it's environmental and socio-political messages, is neglecting the very reason that the Doctor is so popular and that is that he/she provides escapism, adventure and hope to the viewing public.
              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

I turned it on for one second, see her face and had to turn it off

I just can't watch her as Doctor Who

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

It saddens me that the way the show went made me dislike a franchise I've been a huge fan of since the '70s. I assume the writers hate me, and everyone like me. It's very clear, the message being sent...

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

I don't think this era can be compared to the McCoy era because the McCoy era had one thing this era don't, -- McCoy

Wow, 4 era's in one improper sentence

McCoy was a great doctor with below average to lousy scripts

Nobody ever said they hate McCoy --- They've said, "I've hated the McCoy era"

IMO, DW can't be saved as long as Whittaker is the Doctor

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

I disagree with that assessment, I think it could be exactly like McCoy. His first season, he didn't have a grasp on the character, he was middling.

He returned to the role and did a re-do but also had Andrew Cartmel in tow who began writing a mysterious Doctor angle, also they added Ace and well they did make some very memorable episodes.

There's more to this show than Whittaker, it's pacing and writing are all over the place. I was hoping that season 2 would be an improvement and you can see the course has been corrected a little bit but it still has a ways to go.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

The Tesla episode tonight was the best one of the season so far.
                        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Godzilla
                          Permanent Member
                          • Nov 3, 2002

I've enjoyed the season thus far and Tesla was great.
                          Mortui Vivos Docent
                          The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

Haven't seen Tesla yet, but I couldn't get through the previous one.
                            From the first scenes, I thought "early McCoy", so not good.
                            But McCoy did have that charisma (and it took some time for him to get his groove), and Whittaker just hasn't any. She's saying the lines, but there is no spark, and it doesn't feel like "her show".
                            It seems as if their goal is to recreate the worst of 80's Who.
                            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

I'd rather watch Paradise Towers ten times over in a row rather than watch one episode of this new series.

Comment

• Brue
                                User without title
                                • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Mikey
                                I can't watch the show … I just can't watch her as Doctor Who

As far as i'm concerned Capaldi was the last Doctor Who and this is just a spin-off...
                                That's bout how I feel.

I watched the first 5 or so episodes and quit. If more people report back that it has improved like Sprytel did, I might gove it another go. But for now, i am done.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎