X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Megos in Walmart Columbus, Ohio - home of Mego Meet 2020

I had time to make a quick visit to my second-closest Walmart, a larger footprint store near the Polaris Mall area. It looked like two cases had been originally stocked.

My anal nature compelled me to do a little rearranging. I didn't need any of these, so I left them for the shopping pleasure of others.

I was tempted to pull the $29.96 tags and take the whole space, but there were two stock dudes just out of camera range and I didn't have time to wait them out.
    Last edited by EMCE Hammer; Nov 22, '19, 1:33 AM.
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

I hate that anal nature that compels me to do a little (or a lot of!) rearranging in the toy aisle!

It's fun seeing Megos at Walmart. With all the Walmarts in Western New York, only one store is listed as carrying them, and it's the opposite city/drive for me.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I still need to check out the nearest Wal-Mart for Megos. It' just far enough off my commute path to make it difficult to get to.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• puckace
        Museum Super Collector
        • Feb 5, 2009

So did you find these in the electronics section? It doesn't look like a regular toy aisle.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Why is Kirk priced at $29.96 and the others are priced at $12.96? or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

Scored a WOK: Kirk & Khan at my local Walmart! They also had Aragon, Legolas, It, Bruce Lee & more. It's still blowing my mind that I can but Megos at my local store.😶
            sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by TrekStar
              Why is Kirk priced at $29.96 and the others are priced at $12.96? or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
              Okay my bad, I didn't read the fine print under EMCE Hammers bottom pick, it was a rearrange game play, wonder if the staff caught it?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by puckace
                So did you find these in the electronics section? It doesn't look like a regular toy aisle.
                Yes indeed. It was like a little half row. I wonder how many people actually would know the stuff is even there. Walmart electronics seems counter intuitive if you're looking for toys.

Comment

• MRP
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2016

Both Walmarts in my town (about 40 minutes west of Columbus) were listed as carrying Mego. I went to one today (Tuttle Ave, the one on my way to work) and they did indeed have 4 pegs of Megos in the electronics section. ! Freddy, 1 Mummy, 1 Phantom, 1 Khan, 1 Kirk, 2 Legolas and 2 Aragorns. I already had everything I wanted of those, but it was good to see them in stock.

-M
                  "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• The Batman Professor
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 15, 2010

Traveling from VA to NJ this weekend, and went to four Walmart's on the list. Two had Mego figures (Spring Mills WV and Winchester VA) and two did not (Phillipsburg NJ and Martinsburg WV) There were no pegs or barcodes at those two, indicating to me that that have yet to stock them. Picked up Freddy, Phantom, and Pennywise.
                    sigpicSWEAR TO ME!

Comment

• Eric
                      Museum Patron
                      • Jan 11, 2008

Has anyone found Mego figures at a Walmart not listed as getting them?

Comment

• MRP
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 19, 2016

Our Walmart here in town got a restock on Megos. They were down to just a Legolas and Aragorn just before Christmas, and when I stopped in yesterday, they had Kirk, Khan, Mummy, Phantom, Freddy and now 2 each of Legolas and Aragorn.

-M
                        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 19, 2016

That same Walmart got another restock of Megos in when I checked this afternoon. This time they had Pennywise back in stock and for the first time I saw a Headless Horseman there, plus LOTR, Mummy, Freddy, and Phantom. No Trek this time. The Walmart across town however, had them initially and hasn't had any the last two times I checked there.

-M

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎