X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Five Awesome Things on eBay this week

Corgi Liberator from Blake's 7- I had one of these as a kid, so did many of my friends. I find it funny that none of us knew it was based on a television show and that ALL OF US FLEW IT BACKWARDS.

Complete set of Filmation Space Academy figures- I mentioned these Aviva figures recently in a Toy-Ventures video. While I always leaned towards "Jason of Star Command", these are kind of awesome and now I'm seriously considering them.

Fisher Price Adventure People Super Speed Racer- I drove my mother crazy for this once, I did eventually get it for Christmas. I still have mine!

Fully Jointed Action Kojak- I can honestly remember being six years old and staring at this in a Bi-Way store thinking "Why did they make that?". I'm still not certain!

Full display of Mod Watches- Stuff like this, it's dimestore happiness. Also, I miss the use of the word "Mod", let's bring it back.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

I was told by my mother that we did by Kojak but used him as Lex Luthor.

Never did recall the Space Academy figures.
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• rche
      channeling Bob Wills
      • Mar 26, 2008

lolipops and cigars; yeah

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Please buy the Space Academy figures so I don't do something impulsive and stupid. Those look soooo nice. Never even saw the show, but they look like great toys, with great packaging.

Wonder why some of them have hands that are deteriorating? Almost like a foam rubber material?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

That Jonathan Harris figure has a great likeness. Too bad they didn't make a Pamelyn Ferdin. She is on the cusp of so much 60s/70s culture she deserved some kind of toy representation.

Had I seen Kojak, I would have bought him for Luthor, for sure!

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

i think these are on superjoe bodies
            Originally posted by Hedji
            Please buy the Space Academy figures so I don't do something impulsive and stupid. Those look soooo nice. Never even saw the show, but they look like great toys, with great packaging.

Wonder why some of them have hands that are deteriorating? Almost like a foam rubber material?

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

I had a couple of Space Academy figures in the 80s and the joints were already falling apart then. I can't even imagine what kind of shape the bodies are in now. It's a real shame because they are nice looking figures.
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Treadwell
                Museum Super Collector
                • Dec 31, 2018

How odd that Corgi packaged Liberator alongside the shuttle and without B7 branding.

Does Kojak have two left hands?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, the space academy figures used the Super Joe mold. also the same boots as SJ. I had Isaac and rebuilt him when I was collecting SJ. sold him off though as I did not ever see an episode of the show, that I Know of anyway. The Loki character has a different body than the rest so usually is found intact

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎