X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Lanard Toys Colonial Marines v Aliens.

Lanard toys have been really upping their game. We know they been recently getting into licensing with properties like Rampage and Jumanji. But a top tier license like Aliens seems like a game changer for the company.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • monitor_ep
    Talkative Member
    • May 11, 2013

Even though the Xenomorphs are done in bright colors this can be fix with ease. I plan of buying these!!
    Lanard-Toys-Alien-Collection-Xenomorph-Swarm-02__scaled_600.jpgLanard-Toys-Alien-Collection-Xenomorph-Swarm-04__scaled_800.jpg

Now to see them release Predators and I will be extremely happy!!!
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, those look like a lot of fun. Actual toys, and not just nice-looking, but highly breakable "adult collectibles". Of course still based on R-rated movies, just like in 1979.

Meanwhile, Hasbro continues to sit on their hands and not give us any G.I. Joe. Geez.
      sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

Meanwhile, Hasbro continues to sit on their hands and not give us any G.I. Joe. Geez.
        From what I've read there will be Gi Joe toys in 2020. At the very least some to tie in with the Snake Eyes movie coming October 2020.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

I did a survey as part of the Hasbro Action Insiders group recently which was asking what fans' favourite RAH characters and vehicles were and what collectors would be looking for in new G.I. Joe toys, so they're definitely planning something.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

I believe what killed the gi joe line at retail they focused too much on the movies at the time. So I'm very looking forward to new gi joe toys by this time next year hopefully. Anyway I like the very basic old school approach to these Aliens toys. Toys for kids to play with how about that?

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

I think these are marvelous.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

These look great. They also really capture the aesthetic for R-rated movies that have entirely too kid-friendly toys and/or cartoons (like Robocop, Rambo, Toxic Avenger, etc.)

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                  I believe what killed the gi joe line at retail they focused too much on the movies at the time.
                  Definitely. The movie lines killed GI Joe at retail. The first movie especially. It was way over produced.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                    I believe what killed the gi joe line at retail they focused too much on the movies at the time. So I'm very looking forward to new gi joe toys by this time next year hopefully. Anyway I like the very basic old school approach to these Aliens toys. Toys for kids to play with how about that?
                    that and they really bungled the 50th anniversary big time.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• monitor_ep
                      Talkative Member
                      • May 11, 2013

What killed the retail G.I. Joe figures were the Movie sequal with The Rock. They had to recall all the figures because they moved the movie to avoid Channing Tatum other movie Magic Mike. Hasbro offered to a buy back to all retailers so most of the stores pulled them and sent them back only to get them again later in the year. Another problem was the marketing on the card art. It stated that Roadblock (The Rock) was now the training officer of the Ninja school or something like that, it was just laughable to the collectors. Those toys sat on the shelves due to second chance while most collectors bought them when they first came out or on ebay at high dollar prices during the recall.
                      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

Looks like Smyths toys is the original source of these Larnard Aliens toys images. They also have a pic of a large purple Alien Queen.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

There's new pics surfacing of an APC Tank and Power Loader sets. The APC looks small but fairly screen accurate. The Power Loader isn't as accurate and might be a repaint from an earlier CORPS set.

Comment

• monitor_ep
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 11, 2013

Showing up on shelves

Wow I was in for a treat tonight at Walmart, the Lanard Colonial Space Marines vs Aliens and under $10. I did not see the Queen but did see the three 2-packs. I only picked up the egg/facehugger tonight to open and check them out. These are located in the toy isle where the action figures are.
                            Colonial Marines vs Aliens (1).jpg

Planetary Attack Alien Battle Set: You get Xenomorph Warrior, Colonial Space Marine and Rotating Sentry Gun
                            Colonial Marines vs Aliens (2).jpgColonial Marines vs Aliens (3).jpg

Planetary Attack Alien Battle Set: You get Xenomorph Drone, Research Scientist and Egg & Facehugger
                            Colonial Marines vs Aliens (4).jpgColonial Marines vs Aliens (5).jpg
                            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

• monitor_ep
                              Talkative Member
                              • May 11, 2013

Planetary Attack Alien Battle Set: You get Xenomorph Runner, Weyland Commando and Planetary Rover Bike
                              Colonial Marines vs Aliens (6).jpgColonial Marines vs Aliens (7).jpg
                              Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎