X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVintageToyKid
    Career Member
    • Jul 23, 2019

Commissioner Gordon

Perhaps I have simply overlooked the character, but to my knowledge FTC never made a Commissioner Gordon figure based off his appearance in the Batman TV show from the 1960s. Is this correct? And, if so, why was this? Is it simply a matter of not being able to get the rights to the actor's likeness? Just curious.
    "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

^Yes, Neil Hamilton's estate didn't sign on as part of the licensing deal. It's why he's usually not depicted in Hamilton's likeness in the specific Batman '66 merchandise, comics, and animated features. Although Mike Allred snuck his likeness into the comics when he drew them.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I think Hamilton's estate is largely nebulous too, so it's not known who the benefactor would be. It's a lot like Colin Clive.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
        Career Member
        • Jul 23, 2019

That's too bad because Gordon is such an important character to the Batman mythos it's unfortunate we can't complete our collections with a Gordon who resembles Neil Hamilton. At least we have a great comic book version of Gordon.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I've long thought--and I may get around to trying it--that Pa Kent's head could be repainted into a '66 Gordon.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            I've long thought--and I may get around to trying it--that Pa Kent's head could be repainted into a '66 Gordon.
            Oh it does work, trust me. Way better than Perry White does.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Not sure if this helps but those who want to add Commissioner Gordon to the FTC 66 line up, I've seen custom unpainted sculpts on eBay and I think someone here has already made a custom Gordon using that sculpt.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TrekStar
                Not sure if this helps but those who want to add Commissioner Gordon to the FTC 66 line up, I've seen custom unpainted sculpts on eBay and I think someone here has already made a custom Gordon using that sculpt.
                I've got one f those and didn't use it because it looks a little small. Looks like the actor, just something's off on the scale.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• VulcansFury
                  Museum Patron
                  • Mar 6, 2014

I'll take it off your hands if you dont want it, thunderbolt

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 23, 2019

I have considered buying unpainted custom heads online, but am afraid my paint job would be terrible and thus the figure would suffer overall.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by VulcansFury
                      I can't find it, if I do I will get back to you

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
                        I have considered buying unpainted custom heads online, but am afraid my paint job would be terrible and thus the figure would suffer overall.
                        try the FTC Pa Kent then, all it requires is a hair color repaint, that shouldn't be too hard.

Comment

• Teemu
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by VulcansFury
                          100_8164.jpg100_8163.jpg

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                            The Man of Many Voices
                            • Aug 30, 2005

I have Commissioner Gordon 1966 the lazy way. From Classic TV Toys, I bought a Bruce Wayne head with white hair and the grey business suit and black shows. It doesn't look at all like Neil Hamilton, but he will do in a pinch. Unless someday, someone sells a Neil Hamilton Gordon custom on ebay at a reasonable price.

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
                              Unless I misunderstood, I think you can send unpainted head sculpts to Dr. Mego and he has a professional customizer
                              paint the sculpts, I believe it's $20.00 per head, you may want to check his website to make sure.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎