X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Gulliver Super Heroes: Vintage Mego

This is a change of pace for Vintage Mego, these figures weren’t made by Mego heck the company had been out of business! We’re not even sure they’re licensed. Presenting the Gulliver Super Heroes, a line that crossed the Kenner Super Powers with the Mego Pocket Superheroes. This video is intended for adult (18+) collectors…

More...
  • Wee67
    Museum Correspondent
    • Apr 2, 2002

I had no idea these existed. It is impressive how many Mego-tooled toys continued to come after Mego's demise.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I would love for someone to do a deep dive and write an article or produce a video on Gulliver's MANY super hero items. It's a long and winding road of licensed, possibly-not-licensed, DC and Marvel material. And then they reused the molds for completely unlicensed stuff later. I have some of the nice Gulliver "army men" DC figurines, but I have never seen or heard of these! I knew of El Captain Ray, but had no idea he predated their version of Super Powers.

Great video as always!

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        I would love for someone to do a deep dive and write an article or produce a video on Gulliver's MANY super hero items. It's a long and winding road of licensed, possibly-not-licensed, DC and Marvel material. And then they reused the molds for completely unlicensed stuff later. I have some of the nice Gulliver "army men" DC figurines, but I have never seen or heard of these! I knew of El Captain Ray, but had no idea he predated their version of Super Powers.

Great video as always!

Chris
        I'm not the guy for it but I'd like to watch it. Other than these figures, the only Gulliver stuff i own are the little figurines.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by RSS
          This video is intended for adult (18+) collectors…
          Your vids have always been family friendly/safe for work. Is the warning because of youtube's changes labeling anything remotely toy related as child content?
          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• monitor_ep
            Talkative Member
            • May 11, 2013

I did not know about this version of the figures. I knew about the Super Powers waves and have bought some back in the 90's. At that time it was cheaper to buy them than carded Super Powers so I was able to complete my Super Powers with Cyborg and Riddler.
            Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Dang, I really like that Aquaman and the darker blue on Batman.

I thought Gulliver just did those little DC figurines, which are also sweet.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Wee67
                Museum Correspondent
                • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Werewolf
                Your vids have always been family friendly/safe for work. Is the warning because of youtube's changes labeling anything remotely toy related as child content?
                Its because of his dirty, dirty mind.

Or maybe something to with Youtube getting slack of data-sharing on videos aimed at kids.
                WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Wee67
                  Its because of his dirty, dirty mind.

Or maybe something to with Youtube getting slack of data-sharing on videos aimed at kids.
                  Little bit of column A and a little bit of column B. There is much panic and conjecture that all toy content will be shut down on YouTube, I am not performing any drastic action right now, nor am i posting my thoughts on the matter in a video but hey, it can't hurt to add a disclaimer i guess.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎