X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Riddle Me This, Batman!

Hard to believe Toybiz's DC Superheroes are going to be 30 years old soon and Kenner's Legends of Batman are 25 years old...

• Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

The toy biz Riddler is actually pretty cool considering Super Powers never made him and he's in scale.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Nice pic! The Toy Biz figures hit 30 this summer. I picked up all of the first wave (including the Riddler) in the summer of '89.

The Toy Biz Riddler isn't a bad figure, but his chin is too small for his big neck. Nice reuse of the SP Flash body overall, though.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
        Citizen of Gotham
        • Nov 17, 2012

Awesome photography. But late 80s me could never accept the dip in quality of Toy Biz from Super Powers. And so I refused to integrate them. Stupid me.

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

I remember finding the Riddler at the Eaton Center the summer of '89, i was thrilled as he's my favourite Bat Villain. However that card art with it's massive hands turned me off so that hit the trash in the mall. I still really like that figure though.

I turned mine into the Filmation Riddler in college.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, Carmine Infantino gave almost all the characters on those cards HUGE hands. I think he was going for a Kirby-like forced perspective look...but it didn't work.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              ^Yeah, Carmine Infantino gave almost all the characters on those cards HUGE hands. I think he was going for a Kirby-like forced perspective look...but it didn't work.

Chris
              I love Infantino but I have issues with proportions, always have. My art teachers used to compliment me on my ability to keep everything in proportion but it's actually like a problem for me. It's one of the reasons I opted out of most 90s comix.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

I've been picking up the Batman figures from toy biz. It makes me wonder how many Batman or Superman only collectors are out there, do they collect the villains but stop at the other heroes like Flash, Hawkman or Aquaman. Would they even be familiar with the other DC characters?

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                  Permanent Member
                  • Sep 15, 2014

Just missing Bob the goon (I wouldn't say I'm missing him) Toy biz is a good cut off point for vintage Batman figure collecting. Even though Kenner Dark Knight has its fans.
                  IMG_20191123_210858960.jpg

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                    Just missing Bob the goon (I wouldn't say I'm missing him) Toy biz is a good cut off point for vintage Batman figure collecting. Even though Kenner Dark Knight has its fans.
                    Nice collection. I had a fun time collecting those figures when they came out. I still like the Toybiz Batmobile better than the Kenner one.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎