Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RalphC
    • Nov 13, 2019

Custom Figure/Head Creators...

Hi. Does anyone here, or does anyone know of people, that do custom figure/head requests? Thank you for your time. 🙂
  • RalphC
    • Nov 13, 2019

I’m going to guess that this type of question is forbidden here.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

That's a poor guess. People here are usually eager to share info, it also depends on the traffic. But the fact is, the amount of hobbyists here willing to do sewing or sculpting commissions had decreased dramatically over the years. In fact, some of them are now working for new Mego or other companies.

You may get more responses if you can be more specific about what sculpt you'd like.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• rche
        channeling Bob Wills
        • Mar 26, 2008

I might suggest taking a look at the figures in the Finished Customs section, introducing yourself, and then contacting the customizers whose styles you enjoy to see if they take commissions.

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

the answer is yes - but be prepared - i've paid anywhere from $200-$350 for a custom head sculpt.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            That's a poor guess. People here are usually eager to share info, it also depends on the traffic. But the fact is, the amount of hobbyists here willing to do sewing or sculpting commissions had decreased dramatically over the years. In fact, some of them are now working for new Mego or other companies.

You may get more responses if you can be more specific about what sculpt you'd like.
            I've done sewing/ clothing prototype work for people on spec and then when I quoted a price, they passed so I don't even bother anymore with it. Well I got a nice Holmes type cape out of it anyway.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• RalphC
              • Nov 13, 2019

I appreciate the replies. I wasn’t sure if I asked a bad question. Thank you. I’d like to have a figure or a head sculpt of Rod Serling that would be an 8” figure or the head could be put on an 8” body. Thank you, again. ��

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

There was just such a sculpt here years ago when the 8" TZ line was produced. Try contacting member MegoWGSH about it--he may recall who cast it. I don't recall if it was original or a shrink of the 12" Sideshow figure.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• pmwasson
                  Maker
                  • Sep 12, 2007

There was this one:
                  I've been working on this one for a few weeks now and finally got him finished up last week. The body is a Bif Bang Pow TZ grey swivel arm body, the head is a resin cast head that I got from Joe DeRouen that is sculpted by James Brady, the suit and shoes are from Doc Mego and I slightly tapered the bell bottoms for a more
                  sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Yes, that's it! Thank you, Paul. I didn't realize it was a Brady sculpt.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

I think I may have gotten it from Austin, not sure tho
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• VulcansFury
                        Museum Patron
                        • Mar 6, 2014

Im also looking for custom heads, especially a Margot Kidder. And Neil Hamilton. Am I just missing the ebay listings, and does MegoMuseum have a marketplace anymore?

Comment

• aquatroy
                          Permanent Member
                          • Apr 28, 2002

Ralph, what are you looking for? I might have something that you can use.

Troy
                          Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by aquatroy
                            Ralph, what are you looking for? I might have something that you can use.

Troy
                            He was looking for Rod Serling.

Still want to see more Aquatroy heads , would love to see Hulk and Spidey in your style.

Comment

• aquatroy
                              Permanent Member
                              • Apr 28, 2002

Rod Serling? I thought I might have something in the vault that I could use. Of well.

I'm close to having a Dr. Doom and Wildcat head finished. I've a good start on what might be a Mar-vell, Jonny Quick, or Steve Rogers Nomad head.

Btw, Merry Christmas T Bolt!
                              Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎