Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look, itís us!!!!!!!!

Look, itís us!!!!!!!!

So true, lol...

Especially all the numskulls reporting/complaining a ding or a flaw in the card on FB, thinking they have the newest investment of the new Mego figures

Images
    "Does your wife like toys, too?"

(Long, uncomfortable pause)

Images
    Very funny

Is there still a large adult Star Wars collecting community ?

I thought POTF-2 kinda soured most SW collectors
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Very funny

Yep and don't ever open a beater card in front of them.

BTW: I actually really liked POTF2. Before the heavy scalping kicked in and people were hording Slave Leias by the case it was fun line to collect.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post

I thought POTF-2 kinda soured most SW collectors
    Yeah, it's alive and well. I was at a toyshow yesterday and standing there talking to friends, I couldn't believe how many $25 Star Wars black figures were sold at the table to next to us. I think the guy sold over a dozen in a half hour. Every other table was SW black series figures.

A while back I was added to a FB group filled with mainly adult SW collectors who buy all the new Hasbro series. I like a lot of people but I don't really identify with them. It seems completely driven on the next "fix" almost. I know that happens in Mego too but I'm just not into that collecting pattern.

As much as I love ReMego, I like hunting and exploring more than buying things personally.

Images
    I've been selling parts of my collection on ebay and notice a crazy sense of entitlement from the buyers. some of the crazy messages I have gotten from some people. it's scary. and this is not generally SW stuff I am talking about either, it's been a lot of GI Joe AT. one guy went on a tirade messaging me because I would not accept his best offer. blocked his *** from bidding on anything of mine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    I've been selling parts of my collection on ebay and notice a crazy sense of entitlement from the buyers. some of the crazy messages I have gotten from some people. it's scary. and this is not generally SW stuff I am talking about either, it's been a lot of GI Joe AT. one guy went on a tirade messaging me because I would not accept his best offer. blocked his *** from bidding on anything of mine
    By any chance was he in Canada? The exact same thing happened to me a couple of years back.

I had a card AT Joe on Ebay and this guy submitted a somewhat lowball offer. Before I even got home, some dude scooped it for full price.

This guy then berated me, calling me "Greedy" and "after I gave you such a good deal when you whined". I had actually bought something from this guy but I paid full price and never communicated other than to leave positive feedback. He was like, top five, entitled jerks I've ever run into.

Images
    Generally speaking, I sometimes wonder if the same people that were collecting 20 and 10 years ago are the same collectors today ?
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    By any chance was he in Canada? The exact same thing happened to me a couple of years back.

I had a card AT Joe on Ebay and this guy submitted a somewhat lowball offer. Before I even got home, some dude scooped it for full price.

This guy then berated me, calling me "Greedy" and "after I gave you such a good deal when you whined". I had actually bought something from this guy but I paid full price and never communicated other than to leave positive feedback. He was like, top five, entitled jerks I've ever run into.
    no he was in Texas. he sent several low ball offers, I declined each with no note except for one, in which I said I was letting it run its course. then he sent another offer anyway and before I could respond, as I was not sitting at my computer 24/7, he sent a snarky message asking if I was going to respond or just let it expire because his offer was now at my "asking price". I ripped into him a bit at that as it really ****ed me off. it was not an asking price anyway, it was the starting bid and the auction went $31 beyond that. I blocked the jerk from being able to bid on any of my auctions at that point too. the freaking nerve of people