Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Target's retro Rock em Sock em Robots reissue better or worse?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Target's retro Rock em Sock em Robots reissue better or worse?

I've read the most recent reissue is even smaller than the previous one and now had plastic neck gears and doesn't make the whirring sound. Is that the one Target has in the retro box? Or does that one still have the metal necks. I had a early 2000s reissue that still had metal necks but it worked poorly and was VERY difficult to knock the robot's blocks off.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Nothing will ever be better than the Marx original.
    Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by B-Lister
      Nothing will ever be better than the Marx original.
      That goes without saying. It's hard to beat vintage.

I wanted know if the most recent reissue is better than the previous reissue.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• B-Lister
        Eccentric Weirdo
        • Mar 19, 2010

I guess I'm not the one to ask there, as I'd only ever seek out a vintage original.
        Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

No whirring neck sound?!? That's part of what made the game so cool.

If I remember correctly, the original game also sometimes had an issue- the neck mechanism on one of the robots would not retract properly, making it hard to get the head back down. This would always lead to it also popping up way too easily, making the fight too one-sided.
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎