X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

Plastic Man and Spider Woman

I remember watching the ABC Saturday morning lineup from 40 years ago. You had the World's Greatest Super Friends, The Plastic Man Comedy Adventure Show and Spider Woman. And when it came to Mego toys, we at least had Superman, Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman and Aquaman. But that was it. When I was a kid, I found myself wishing for Mego figures or Comic Action figures of the Wonder Twins, Plastic Man and Spider Woman. The closest we got was the Elastic stretch figure of Plastic Man. I saw it on display at a Toy Show in Atlanta GA years ago, but I never found it in stores. And today, there are figures on all of them. It's funny how sometimes the toys we want as kids don't come in to existence until you're an adult and you might be buying them for your kids. Another example is Scooby Doo. How I longed for action figures of Scooby Doo and Mystery Inc when I was little. Today, there's more Scooby Doo toys, collectible and novelties out there than I can imagine.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I wanted both of those characters as Megos, and I was a bit frustrated that there were not more Marvel gals and foes.

I have the Plastic Man cartoon dvd set, I always got a kick out of his cheesy rogues' gallery--only Freakazoid's was more fun.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• monitor_ep
      Talkative Member
      • May 11, 2013

I wanted more Supergals and bad guys. All that got released were Spidey-villains. I wondered why Dr. Doom didn't get released since they did all 4 Fantastic Four members.
      Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• filmation batman fan
        The Man of Many Voices
        • Aug 30, 2005

Originally posted by monitor_ep
        I wanted more Supergals and bad guys. All that got released were Spidey-villains. I wondered why Dr. Doom didn't get released since they did all 4 Fantastic Four members.
        Agreed 100%

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Mego definitely should have released Dr. Doom, and while we're at it, they also should have released Lex Luthor instead of
          Mr. Mxyzptlk for a Superman villain.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by TrekStar
            Mego definitely should have released Dr. Doom, and while we're at it, they also should have released Lex Luthor instead of
            Mr. Mxyzptlk for a Superman villain.
            Lex didn't have his Superfriends suit yet in 1973. Bizzaro or Brainiac would have looked more exciting.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎