Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cancelled MEGO Superheroes: Vintage Mego

Megomuseum News Cancelled MEGO Superheroes: Vintage Mego

While the Mego World’s Greatest Superheroes is one of the successful toylines of all time, it like any other toyline, did have a fair share of items that didn’t make it into production. Vintage Mego takes a look at a few Superhero items that just didn’t make the cut. Which one of these do…

More...

Images
    That's easy magnetic Spiderman.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

I would have loved to have the Superman/Batman accessory kits. The Paradise Island playset would have been nice but I wish they would have just expanded the 8 inch lineup. I could have used Nubia to battle the Supergals….
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Images
    I wish mego’s Muhammad Ali Gym playset would’ve seen production.

That was would have been a great playset!!!
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Images
    Blog Entries
    I can't fully express how much I want that Paradise Island playset. It would have been so much fun, even with 8" figures.

I also would have liked the OMBC treehouse--for my Merry Men lol.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

I am really surprised that Mego didn't reuse the Batcave to turn it into the Green Arrow's Arrowcave. They had Green Arrow & Speedy, just change out a few details in the cave and you get to reuse it again!
    Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

Images
    I wanted an Exploding Skyscraper not so much because I was a huge Spider-Man fan or even a huge CAH fan. Rather I simply wanted to blow up a skyscraper. Lots of potential fun around that.
    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Thank you very much for the video clip and the piece of Mego history (or secrets) you are sharing with us, Brian. As for the figure I wanted Mego would have made, definitely the 12 inch Magnetic Spiderman. Even though I'm a DC heroes fan...

Images
    No surprise from me, Magnetic Spider-Man.

Fun video, by the way.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?