Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

well I don't have Masters so I will just have to get one to see. It should just be opened to accept the ball. Its the same type of joint on the snapchat or whatever they are figures and that is a ball with a hollow head. It makes no sense the way the figure was designed to not be compatible with existing 8 inch scale figures and then offer nothing to go along with it. is the actual Yvonne head solid? if so how did they do the hair?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
      Permanent Member
      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Teemu
      I didn't say that...I said Jason (who makes the Gracie's and bought the tool from David to resell Stypes) sold the tool to FTC. They own the tool now. This is the 3rd exchange to keep the Stype going

For the Yvonne's to be worthwhile, you must have a solid head with a hole underneath to attach the head (mostly using Blue tak to attach it securely or other methods)...Unless FTC makes a special attachment to fit regular mego heads (which they likely won't) onto the peg, they are useless for Mego styled heads of all kinds.
      Well, FTC did change the 8inchsuperstore heads to be peg-less and make the neck adapters for those heads, so I would not completely rule out FTC making a special attachment for the Yvonne head. That's a huge lost opportunity if FTC opts to do nothing with the body, and adapting it to the female Mego head would be the easiest way to make money on Yvonne.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TRDouble
        Well, FTC did change the 8inchsuperstore heads to be peg-less and make the neck adapters for those heads, so I would not completely rule out FTC making a special attachment for the Yvonne head. That's a huge lost opportunity if FTC opts to do nothing with the body, and adapting it to the female Mego head would be the easiest way to make money on Yvonne.
        The two Castaway heads I have you can remove the pegs so I think that is the case with all of them. Probably not a FTC change.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

I've also noticed other stuff from 8 inch superstore there as well, Dr Evil Sandals for one and the guns they carried too.

Comment

• Teemu
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            well I don't have Masters so I will just have to get one to see. It should just be opened to accept the ball. Its the same type of joint on the snapchat or whatever they are figures and that is a ball with a hollow head. It makes no sense the way the figure was designed to not be compatible with existing 8 inch scale figures and then offer nothing to go along with it. is the actual Yvonne head solid? if so how did they do the hair?
            It will accept the ball, but the problem is the thickness of the neck too...you would have to open the hole larger under neath the head. If you have a solid head and drill a hole underneath, it works then for the yvonne. I have converted six DD female figures onto yvonne's

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

It will accept the ball, but the problem is the thickness of the neck too...you would have to open the hole larger under neath the head. If you have a solid head and drill a hole underneath, it works then for the yvonne. I have converted six DD female figures onto yvonne's
              Pretty sure I said I'd have to dremel out the neck hole twice now. No idea what a DD figure is either. Still didn't answer my question as to whether the original Yvonne head is solid or rotomolded. If it is hollow then with some minor work any hollow head should work.

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Pretty sure I said I'd have to dremel out the neck hole twice now. No idea what a DD figure is either. Still didn't answer my question as to whether the original Yvonne head is solid or rotomolded. If it is hollow then with some minor work any hollow head should work.
                You should know what DD is by now He only makes the best customed Horror/Sci-fi Mego styled figures out there

You can't dremel out a hole in the neck, it's a peg system plus you can't plug a mego styled head onto the Yvonne because of the fact it uses a peg to connect heads .I've told you that already. The original yvonne head is mostly solid with a hole underneath to plug into the peg while its fits over the neck.It was never meant to fit females mego heads. A regular mego female head is hollow and would never peg into the yvonne unless you opened the hole wider (to fit over the neck portion of the yvonne) and filled in the hollow head.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

You should know what DD is by now He only makes the best customed Horror/Sci-fi Mego styled figures out there

You can't dremel out a hole in the neck, it's a peg system plus you can't plug a mego styled head onto the Yvonne because of the fact it uses a peg to connect heads .I've told you that already. The original yvonne head is mostly solid with a hole underneath to plug into the peg while its fits over the neck.It was never meant to fit females mego heads. A regular mego female head is hollow and would never peg into the yvonne unless you opened the hole wider (to fit over the neck portion of the yvonne) and filled in the hollow head.
                  no I don't know what DD is goof. Dunkin Donuts? Daredevil? And it will work by just dremeling it out, same ball system on the snapstar figures and the heads are hollow just like mego
                  Last edited by thunderbolt; Nov 12, '19, 5:13 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Distinctive Dummies. Typing it out rather than relying on esoteric context is probably more helpful.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                      Distinctive Dummies. Typing it out rather than relying on esoteric context is probably more helpful.
                      You figured it out, it wasn't that hard

Comment

• The Nawd
                        Nawd your head for yes.
                        • Feb 15, 2011

Says you. I didn't know what DD was either.

Comment

• TRDouble
                          Permanent Member
                          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by The Nawd
                          Says you. I didn't know what DD was either.
                          Me either.

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

You can add me. I also didn't know what DD meant.
                            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

Me as well. I first thought DareDevil?

Comment

• TrekStar
                                Trek or Treat
                                • Jan 20, 2011

no I don't know what DD is goof. Dunkin Donuts? Daredevil? And it will work by just dremeling it out, same ball system on the snapstar figures and the heads are hollow just like mego
                                Actually it's being changed to just Dunkin, I guess America doesn't want donuts added because their unhealthy, (really)
                                like anyone is going to be fooled or cares.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎