Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

thanks for the imfo ,just ordered some stuff ,i was always wondering about those bodies .if their as good as folks say ,i would like ftc to use them for all of their future releases ,they can adapt the fat,skinny,hulk,and teen
    bodies in the same way .FTC produces some good product ,and have been plagued with figures bodies issues .this may be just what they need to solve the problem .good job FTC i hope its successful.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
      If they are going to start offering the Type S on their licensed figures, I could definitely see them charging more. Something like $40. a figure maybe?

I’m also curious about the heads. FTC head plugs are pretty small and usually require being wrapped with tape or something to stay on a different body.
      They are already charging a too high price 30 plus shipping for the quality so I would hope they could just phase out the outdated Mego female at the very least, the males I have gotten have been ok. I really hope they can use the Yvonne on Lynda Carter WW. THey are charging the same price for a China made Mego style body as the type S. THe Yvonne they are charging a bit more and including less parts than the Castaway release.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

For the female body, unless they completely redo all of their female heads, they will have to change the neck on the Yvonne body.

Brian Leitner has come up with an upper torso that has a notch cut into the neck, which can then accommodate all of their female heads.

I still want to see what the new bodies by Mego will be like when they’re unveiled, though.
        JediJaida

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

I'm happy to see this, and I'm wondering if they will be available in different colors down the road?
          maybe will see these type S bodies in black space boots.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by JediJaida
            For the female body, unless they completely redo all of their female heads, they will have to change the neck on the Yvonne body.

Brian Leitner has come up with an upper torso that has a notch cut into the neck, which can then accommodate all of their female heads.

I still want to see what the new bodies by Mego will be like when they’re unveiled, though.
            There's no way they will redo anything its not in their nature, but maybe they will just change course on newly designed figures. I don't really care, on the few females I have bought from them I have switched over to Mattel bodies and would prefer that they change to the Yvonne body so it would save me a step.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Just looking at these on the website, in case it hasn't been mentioned:

* The bodies do not come with extra hands anymore. They are separate at $2 each. I believe the normal price of a Type S body was $10, so price wise, you lose two sets of hands now. Not a big deal for me because I have a bunch of extra hands that I never used just taking up space.

* CTVT has the Type S Upgrade Kit for $5. I might have one or two, but I never used them because I didn't know how well they would work with the FTC suits.

Can someone explain the neck plug that comes with the Yvonne head? How would that be used? I never owned a Yvonne; I may get one just to play around with it and see what I can make out of it.

And here is hoping that the bodies all come molded in the same color. I have different runs of the Type S and the colors are all over the place, even from limb to body. I wish they could fix the right hip too, but if they just bought the molds, it's better to hope Mego's bandless bodies fix an design issues that the Type S has.

And the Yvonne would be a GREAT base for a Powergirl figure! Make it happen, FTC!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TRDouble

* The bodies do not come with extra hands anymore. They are separate at $2 each. I believe the normal price of a Type S body was $10, so price wise, you lose two sets of hands now. Not a big deal for me because I have a bunch of extra hands that I never used just taking up space.

* CTVT has the Type S Upgrade Kit for $5. I might have one or two, but I never used them because I didn't know how well they would work with the FTC suits.

Can someone explain the neck plug that comes with the Yvonne head? How would that be used? I never owned a Yvonne; I may get one just to play around with it and see what I can make out of it.

And here is hoping that the bodies all come molded in the same color. I have different runs of the Type S and the colors are all over the place, even from limb to body. I wish they could fix the right hip too, but if they just bought the molds, it's better to hope Mego's bandless bodies fix an design issues that the Type S has.

And the Yvonne would be a GREAT base for a Powergirl figure! Make it happen, FTC!
                the description says it comes with extra handsets. so maybe? if not its 8 bucks and you can get a pair of hands for two and get back to the 10 price. The parting out of Yvonne is a shame tho, since allegedly the only head that works is the Yvonne head

Comment

• Teemu
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 15, 2010

The issue with the Yvonne is that it uses a ball joint. No "Mego" style female head is really compatible for it unless you have a solid head that has a (drilled) hole under it to attach, similar to like MOTU Classics figure heads. Or a big enough hole that you can use Blutak that many customizers will use. I used the Yvonne for my DD females figures and it works perfect,but because he uses Solid heads with holes underneath for the fit.

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by Teemu
                    The issue with the Yvonne is that it uses a ball joint. No "Mego" style female head is really compatible for it unless you have a solid head that has a (drilled) hole under it to attach, similar to like MOTU Classics figure heads. Or a big enough hole that you can use Blutak that many customizers will use. I used the Yvonne for my DD females figures and it works perfect,but because he uses Solid heads with holes underneath for the fit.
                    This is where things get muddled. You've said Dave sold the tooling to FTC, but they can't use Yvonne unless they revamp everything else. Not just the heads, but IIRC the boots and whatnot won't fit correctly either. As history shows, Figures ain't big on making changes. If they wanted to make a body swap, they could've upscaled the wrestling bucks years ago. But I'm hopeful Dave and whoever was able to convince them being overpriced AHI is not the direction to continue.

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      the description says it comes with extra handsets. so maybe? if not its 8 bucks and you can get a pair of hands for two and get back to the 10 price. The parting out of Yvonne is a shame tho, since allegedly the only head that works is the Yvonne head
                      I missed that in the Type S description. Which makes sense that Yvonne comes with the extra hands, also sold separately.

I hope FTC has some plan in place to take advantage of the Yvonne body.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

I missed that in the Type S description. Which makes sense that Yvonne comes with the extra hands, also sold separately.

I hope FTC has some plan in place to take advantage of the Yvonne body.
                        me too, just move forward engineering stuff to adapt to it. The Lynda Carter WW would look so much better on that body than the junk one they've been using. The male body should adapt fine to existing stuff. No idea why the female one was not made with crossing over to Mego in mind for customizers.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Teemu
                          I'll just have to get one to see, but it seems the neck hole on a pvc head could be opened up a bit to get on that neck ball.

Comment

• jacoblb
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2009

It's very cool that there's want and demand and FTC is supplying.

I want to also support C.A.W. and hope there'll be male AJ jumpsuits in different colors so I put something on my nakkid Type-S's.

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by hedrap
                              This is where things get muddled. You've said Dave sold the tooling to FTC, but they can't use Yvonne unless they revamp everything else. Not just the heads, but IIRC the boots and whatnot won't fit correctly either. As history shows, Figures ain't big on making changes. If they wanted to make a body swap, they could've upscaled the wrestling bucks years ago. But I'm hopeful Dave and whoever was able to convince them being overpriced AHI is not the direction to continue.
                              I didn't say that...I said Jason (who makes the Gracie's and bought the tool from David to resell Stypes) sold the tool to FTC. They own the tool now. This is the 3rd exchange to keep the Stype going

For the Yvonne's to be worthwhile, you must have a solid head with a hole underneath to attach the head (mostly using Blue tak to attach it securely or other methods)...Unless FTC makes a special attachment to fit regular mego heads (which they likely won't) onto the peg, they are useless for Mego styled heads of all kinds.

Comment

• Teemu
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                                I'll just have to get one to see, but it seems the neck hole on a pvc head could be opened up a bit to get on that neck ball.
                                You could fill the hole inside...just look at a masters of the universe classics figure, the setup is the same with the Yvonne's (and Gracie's)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎