Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

I wonder if this in an exclusive deal or just another outlet for the type-s bodies?
    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• nubee
      Career Member
      • Feb 15, 2010

David "sold" his creation away? I always had a pleasant no hassle experience from his store.
      I do hope CTVT makes suits for the Type S

Comment

• monitor_ep
        Talkative Member
        • May 11, 2013

CTVT_Body-Parts_TypeS_Head-Black.jpg

I LOVE the neck attachment!!
        Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

The female bodies are a lot like the Retro-Action DC Super Heroes. I used to buy the Cheetah figure when I could catch her on sale. I prefer that style female body over the classic Mego.

Now I will be able to redo and finish my Elvira figure!
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

• JediJaida
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 14, 2008

Too bad there’s no neck adapter for the female body. With the current one, You can’t use the female heads that FTC uses except for the Gracie head.

Mind you, the male sculpts that are Type S are great! I’m definitely getting some after the New Year.
            JediJaida

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

So, Dave sold this to FTC? They didn't just steal his design?
              sigpic

Comment

• hedrap
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 10, 2009

It wasn't stolen, Dave made that clear on FB. I haven't seen him say anything about selling ownership...

...but while I'm surprised, this does make sense. After the new Mego body was "unveiled" at the Meet, I had a few conversations about what this meant for Type-S. There was an assumption since they had worked together on Action Jackson the same would happen with bandless bodies. Obviously not.

Very possible FTC came to Dave. Their pricepoint is unjustifiable compared to Mego.

Comment

• Confessional
                  Maker & Whatnot
                  • Aug 8, 2012

Does anyone know about the quality?… meaning, original Type-S plastics vs. cheaper FTC plastics?

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by hedrap
                    It wasn't stolen, Dave made that clear on FB. I haven't seen him say anything about selling ownership...

...but while I'm surprised, this does make sense. After the new Mego body was "unveiled" at the Meet, I had a few conversations about what this meant for Type-S. There was an assumption since they had worked together on Action Jackson the same would happen with bandless bodies. Obviously not.

Very possible FTC came to Dave. Their pricepoint is unjustifiable compared to Mego.
                    David sold the molds to Jason (Gracie bodies) and vise versa to FTC. FTC now owns the molds

Comment

• Teemu
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Confessional
                      Does anyone know about the quality?… meaning, original Type-S plastics vs. cheaper FTC plastics?
                      Quality is supposed to be the same because they are using the same factory

Comment

• wise guy
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 29, 2014

Wow , a total game changer for 8" retros. I will be moving all my favorite FTC figures to these new bodies. This is great for me because I lost interest in New Mego figures and this makes me wan't to start collecting again,

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

This might be enabling, convenient, and fun for hobbyists, but I don't see how it's a game-changer--these bodies have been available for years.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                            Hi Ernie!!!
                            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            This might be enabling, convenient, and fun for hobbyists, but I don't see how it's a game-changer--these bodies have been available for years.
                            Sporadically, yes they have. It's been difficult to get type s lately and I tried to order Gracie or whatever its called and I cant seem to get thru to those people. I just hope this spell the end of the old FTC females and the standard male body. A DC figure on a decent body will justify the premium price they charge.
                            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              Sporadically, yes they have. It's been difficult to get type s lately and I tried to order Gracie or whatever its called and I cant seem to get thru to those people. I just hope this spell the end of the old FTC females and the standard male body. A DC figure on a decent body will justify the premium price they charge.
                              If they are going to start offering the Type S on their licensed figures, I could definitely see them charging more. Something like $40. a figure maybe?

I’m also curious about the heads. FTC head plugs are pretty small and usually require being wrapped with tape or something to stay on a different body.
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

I'll be surprised if this becomes a standard release. FTC can make more selling it as an upgrade.

At any rate--and of course this is just my opinion--the body is inconsequential to me. I've always been much more interested in the sculpts, scale, and costume design/detailing of FTC than any body they've produced.

I do think, to be fair, that it will be great to have readily-available Type S and hopefully in various colors. As far as the sale of the molds to FTC goes, I'm relieved it's legit--IIRC that wasn't the case with the loss of earlier CAW accessory molds.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎