they should work with mego too
    Thanks!

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by phil
      Thanks!
      I can verify it when I find a few in my stash, but pretty sure they should
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by phil
        Do the Type S Grapple Hands only work with the Type S body?
        Yes they work with OEM Mego Type 2 and NewMego bodies, using the heat tubing trick. Easiest and best way to give your gun toting heroes pistol packing hands, as the first finger is always ready at the trigger, lol
        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• darkbros
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 3, 2012

My 02 cents on this:

I am saddened and yet anxious on this news. While I have and always supported Dave and Jason,
          Selling everything to FTC I feel is a bad mistake due to FTCs now ( infamously legendarily) bad customer service.
          I’m glad I bought as many of the Hero heads as I could before Jason and Kacie stopped selling them,
          (And yes the neck adapter was theirs not FTCs, and works just fine with a bit of glue to hold the head in place.
          Even works to adapt heads onto old Type 2 bodies if you go upside down with it)
          And now I wished I bought more of the Type S before a Dave closed the 8inchsuperstore.

Seriously, unless FTC sells the type S on Amazon, or completely moves over to Amazon to sell there stuff,
          I’m VERY RELUCTANT to buy product from them due to their terrible customer service.

Hopefully whatever Dave and Jason got out of this deal means they are creating something incredibly better
          And we can give them direct monetary support again.

Comment

• phil
            Persistent Member
            • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by darkbros
            Yes they work with OEM Mego Type 2 and NewMego bodies, using the heat tubing trick. Easiest and best way to give your gun toting heroes pistol packing hands, as the first finger is always ready at the trigger, lol
            Thank you. OEM MEGO?

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Original Edition Megos? (Vintage.)
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• sprytel
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 26, 2009

OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

My 02 cents on this:

I am saddened and yet anxious on this news. While I have and always supported Dave and Jason,
                  Selling everything to FTC I feel is a bad mistake due to FTCs now ( infamously legendarily) bad customer service.
                  I’m glad I bought as many of the Hero heads as I could before Jason and Kacie stopped selling them,
                  (And yes the neck adapter was theirs not FTCs, and works just fine with a bit of glue to hold the head in place.
                  Even works to adapt heads onto old Type 2 bodies if you go upside down with it)
                  And now I wished I bought more of the Type S before a Dave closed the 8inchsuperstore.

Seriously, unless FTC sells the type S on Amazon, or completely moves over to Amazon to sell there stuff,
                  I’m VERY RELUCTANT to buy product from them due to their terrible customer service.

Hopefully whatever Dave and Jason got out of this deal means they are creating something incredibly better
                  And we can give them direct monetary support again.
                  I am not thrilled about it either, despite teemu stating that they will use the same factory, I am sure FTC will find a way to cheapen it up or something. And will they now justify a price hike with a body upgrade on new figures? sorry, 30 is a bit nuts now, anything higher may drive people away faster.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• phil
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 11, 2007

Thanks guys for clearing up the meaning of OEM. My brain didn't click that it probley meant original MEGO.

Comment

• darkbros
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      I am not thrilled about it either, despite teemu stating that they will use the same factory, I am sure FTC will find a way to cheapen it up or something. And will they now justify a price hike with a body upgrade on new figures? sorry, 30 is a bit nuts now, anything higher may drive people away faster.

My only hope that as far as FTC is that the new Mego Super Heroes blow away FTC's releases which should then put the stake in their Heart once and for all.
                      People ALWAYS vote with their wallet....if FTC doesn't offer lower cost options ( they raised the price of loose figures from $20 to $27), then given a couple
                      of years Mego should overtake FTC easily....and then no more FTC nightmare customer service stories for sure....

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

My only hope that as far as FTC is that the new Mego Super Heroes blow away FTC's releases which should then put the stake in their Heart once and for all.
                        People ALWAYS vote with their wallet....if FTC doesn't offer lower cost options ( they raised the price of loose figures from $20 to $27), then given a couple
                        of years Mego should overtake FTC easily....and then no more FTC nightmare customer service stories for sure....
                        Most loose in factory bags are still 19.99 with a few 23.99 I don't see any at 27.

Comment

• TheVintageToyKid
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 23, 2019

I received two Type S bodies from FTC today. They seem to be great, especially compared to what was available in terms of 8" bodies before. The neck plugs on both, however, were rattling around inside both of the bodies (I don't know if this is standard, but it is annoying as heck). It's just a matter of opening up the bodies and taking them out, though, which is good. Great job FTC. I am very impressed.
                          "I thought they didn't allow no bathin' suits in here."

Comment

• powersthatbe
                            Persistent Member
                            • Sep 27, 2010

I had trouble removing some screws in the back, I'm sure due to my age and turn strength in my hands. but they seem alright have some custom/kitbash ideas already floating in my noggin

Comment

• darkbros
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              Most loose in factory bags are still 19.99 with a few 23.99 I don't see any at 27.
                              Been to Amazon lately?

among others.......

And take the $21.99 figures and add in the $6 they charge for shipping, because they won't use Amazon FBA, and its easy $27

Comment

• darkbros
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by TheVintageToyKid
                                I received two Type S bodies from FTC today. They seem to be great, especially compared to what was available in terms of 8" bodies before. The neck plugs on both, however, were rattling around inside both of the bodies (I don't know if this is standard, but it is annoying as heck). It's just a matter of opening up the bodies and taking them out, though, which is good. Great job FTC. I am very impressed.
                                That is the same as what was offered when they were sold by White Elephant. You take out the neck plug and glue it to the hero heads, and that converts it to a more MEGO like head that can sit and stay on the type -s body.

of late, I've been buying new Mego Richies, Fonzies, and AJs and just using the Hero Heads without the adapter, which makes the heads simply pop onto the new Mego Neck Stem, easy.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎